Mater Private Hospital Mackay has been providing excellence in clinical and pastoral care to the people of Mackay and its surrounds since 1927.
Located on the northern bank of the Pioneer River since 2003, our hospital is a modern 105-bed facility featuring five operating theatres, a fully equipped day surgery unit, and a wide range of specialist clinical services.
Our concerted pursuit of innovation—to discover, improve, adopt and adapt—differentiates Mater as a health, education and research leader. We are committed to providing exceptional care in the community.
Mater Mackay offers one of Australia's five private Mater Mothers' Hospitals. This experienced maternity service is located within St Gerard's, a 27-bed Unit providing specialised care extending to antenatal, postnatal, neonates and gynaecological, breast paediatric surgical or medical cases.
The Unit facilities and services include an approved Level 3 neonatal nursery, antenatal classes, pre-birth clinic service and postnatal education. The 4' parent care' rooms, incorporated within the St Gerard's Unit, have been designed to accommodate children and their parents, thus ensuring that parents can participate in the care of their children and use that knowledge and skills confidently when they return home.
About the Role
The Midwife position provides family-centred midwifery care in collaboration with other health professionals and significant others to ensure safe, efficient and effective patient management within the Women's Unit.
Full-time, part-time or casual applications are welcome.
The base salary range for these positions is:
- permanent - $38.16 - $49.04 per hour per hour (+ 25% for casuals)
The appropriate salary will depend on the period of relevant prior experience and are exclusive of allowances, penalties and superannuation.
What you'll be doing
- Provide high-quality patient care by applying nursing and midwifery clinical skills and contemporary knowledge to support optimal care outcomes through care coordination, collaboration and communication within the scope of professional competence;
- Partner with patients and their support persons throughout the pregnancy and birth continuum to provide woman-centred maternity care about personal and/or cultural needs and preferences;
- Undertake comprehensive ante and postnatal assessment(s) and develop, or revise, care plans that are inclusive of the patient's physical, psychological, cultural and spiritual needs and expectations for her pregnancy-childbirth continuum and expected clinical outcomes;
- Determine and monitor maternal and fetal well-being throughout hospitalisation and communicate effectively with other health professionals to ensure safe and high standards of care;
- Acknowledge and support the effectiveness of the multidisciplinary team and diverse care environment by delegating tasks to team members commensurate with their scope of professional expertise and practice;
- Extend adherence to the delivery and documentation of care to include applicable Mater frameworks, policies, procedures and forms;
- Undertake comprehensive discharge planning to ensure patients and their support persons, where applicable and appropriate, are provided with adequate support through the provision of education, resources and proper community services access; and
- Act as a mentor for colleagues and nursing/midwifery students within the team, depending on their level of expertise permits.
To be successful in this role, you will demonstrate the following criteria:
- Current dual registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency as a Midwife and Registered Nurse is essential;
- A commitment to adhere to the Mater immunisation requirements, which includes being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and providing appropriate evidence as prescribed by Services Australia before commencement;
- Currency of neonatal resuscitation;
- Currency of K2 Perinatal Training through an approved provider;
- Other postgraduate qualifications in relevant nursing and midwifery speciality or working towards (e.g. lactation consultant);
- Minimum of one-year post graduate experience includes in birth suites;
- Australian Citizenship, permanent residency, and a current work Visa with no restrictions or an applicable ANMAC occupational code if seeking Visa sponsorship.
Why join us?
In return for your skills, you will work with a passionate, driven team that provides high-quality patient care. Work hours are flexible to operational requirements. We are a family-friendly employer and consider the needs of our employees. Additional benefits include:
- Great variety of nursing delegations
- Support environment
- Salary packaging up to $15,900
- Education and training opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Discounted gym membership and other leisure/lifestyle centres
- Work/life balance, type, and flexibility
Should you have any questions, please contact Employment CQ at Employment-CQ@mater.org.au
Introductions from Agencies are welcome but must be directed to Employment-CQ@mater.org.au.
Need to relocate? Email Employment-CQ@mater.org.au to arrange a discussion on what options may be available to you
- Stated referees may be contacted throughout the short-listing process.
This vacancy shall remain open until filled.
"We are an equal opportunity employer."