Job no: 497265
Work type: Casual
Location: South Brisbane
Categories: Allied Health
About the role
The Mater Hospital South Brisbane Sleep and Respiratory Unit is putting out an expression of interest for casual Sleep Technicians to join our Sleep and Respiratory Unit. A typical working week will be 10 hours per week (one night shift) however this may flex depending on the week and patient loads.
Reporting to the Senior Sleep Scientist, you will provide overnight sleep disorder patient diagnostic and treatment investigations, sleep disorder therapy intervention, and reporting, and while also being responsible for routine operational activities within the Sleep Laboratory during overnight shifts. Full training will be provided to the candidate and though previous experience in overnight sleep polysomnography will be highly desirable it is not mandatory.
Salary range: $32.29 - $44.75 (HP Level 2) per hour plus 10.5% superannuation and salary packaging
What you’ll be doing
Typical duties for the role include:
- Polysomnographic set up, monitoring and reporting
- Perform sleep investigations, including treatment initiation and titration
- Maintain patient investigation standards through the application of evidence-based practices in accordance with current laboratory procedures
- Utilise material resources efficiently and effectively to contribute to quality and cost-effective practices
- Participate in the identification and implementation of quality and service improvement activities
- Actively participate in the clinical, educational, and training activities of the multidisciplinary team
- Collaborate, assist, and contribute expertise to administrative / technical / nursing / scientific or medical staff in achieving the best possible outcome for all sleep disorder patients.
To be successful in this role, ideally you will have:
- Demonstrated experience performing sleep investigations
- Current First Aid, CPR and PLS Certificate (training provided to the successful candidate)
- Current blue card (or ability to obtain)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Completed or working towards a Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Applied Science or equivalent
- Post-graduate qualification in sleep or clinical physiology would be highly regarded, but not essential
- Previous experience in sleep medicine is highly regarded, particularly in the use of NOX equipment
- RPSGT would be highly regarded but not essential
Why join us?
Joining a 10,000+ strong workforce, you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education, Research and Foundation, and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients, consumers and community. You will be a part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy.
- Via salary packaging arrangements allocate some living expenses directly from your pre-taxable income and ultimately increasing take-home pay
- Access to package meal and entertainment expenses
- Access to leading education via Mater Education
- Flexible working arrangements, including work from home options where suitable
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program and on-site pastoral care teams
- Discounts to local and national business and venues for Dining/Retail/Travel & Accommodation and Other
- Access to on-site, discounted parking
- Discounted food and beverage at various campus cafés and coffee venues
Please Note: We will not require any support from Recruitment Agencies at this time and kindly request no contact is made. Only direct applications will be considered.
It is now a mandatory requirement of employment at the Mater that you are and remain fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend