About the role
Mater Pharmacy have an exciting opportunity for a professional Pharmacy Technician to join our Hospital Pharmacy team for a 6-month or 12-month contract working on a full-time or part-time (3 day per week) basis.
Mater Health Services, South East Queensland comprises a unique collection of two public and four private hospitals caring for over 500,000 patients each year. Mater Pharmacy services all inpatient areas, so this represents a fantastic opportunity to make a positive contribution to the health and wellbeing of this community and to contribute to a strong, unified, inter-professional Clinical Services team at Mater.
Salary range: $27.35 - $31.12 per hour (Operational Officer Level 2-3) plus 10.5% Superannuation and Salary Packaging
What you’ll be doing
In this position you will have the opportunity to work in a number of roles including central dispensary, clinical support and inventory management. In our central dispensary you will be responsible for delivering a consistently high level of pharmacy service to all clinical areas, which will include:
- Supporting pharmacists in the delivery of safe, effective and high quality level of pharmacy service to optimise outcomes for all patients and customers of Mater
- Assembling and delivering dispensed medications
- Monitoring and maintaining appropriate stock levels in the pharmacy and in clinical area imprest sites across the Mater campus including cold chain management of refrigerated medications
- Answering phone calls from both internal and external customers and patients
- Providing responsive customer-focused service
Rotational roles include:
- Cancer services clinical support including dispensing chemotherapy, assembling pre-meds, oral drugs and prescription management
- Outpatient services clinical support including prescription management and scheduled supply for the Mater Infusion Centre and Hospital in the Home
- PBS claim preparation and pharmacy billing
- Inventory management for multiple retail stores, aged care and hospital services including purchasing and receiving stock.
There may also be the opportunity to undertake training in our production services team who manufacture sterile, non-sterile and cytotoxic medications.
This role will be based predominantly at our South Brisbane campus with the opportunity to also work at Mater Springfield from time to time.
Mater Pharmacy is dedicated to the exceptional care and service of all our customers. We provide comprehensive pharmacy service and strive to maintain the highest level of professionalism at all times. In addition to clinical pharmacy services, we also provide traditional community pharmacy medicines and retail products to patients, visitors and staff.
To be considered for this role you must have:
- Minimum Certificate II or III in Hospital/Community Pharmacy (or equivalent) is essential
- A professional attitude, effective communication skills and a high level of attention to detail
- Passion for customer service and appreciation of the importance of delivering exceptional service every time
- Professional, hardworking attitude and willing to work cooperatively and effectively with all team members
- Previous relevant work experience is highly desirable
- The flexibility to work all shifts, including weekends, public holidays will be desirable
- Ability to work shifts at Mater South Brisbane and Mater Springfield is highly desirable
Why join us?
Mater is Queensland’s largest and most innovative not-for-profit healthcare service, providing care for almost 700,000 patients a year across a network of 11 hospitals.
We are a leader in healthcare, education and research — and that’s because we employ exceptional people.
- Via salary packaging arrangements allocate some living expenses directly from your pre-taxable income and ultimately increasing take-home pay
- Access to package meal and entertainment expenses
- Access to leading education via Mater Education
- Flexible working arrangements, including work from home options where suitable
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program and on-site pastoral care teams
- Discounts to local and national business and venues for Dining/Retail/Travel & Accommodation and Other
- Access to on-site, discounted parking
- Discounted food and beverage at various campus cafés and coffee venues
Closing date for applications is Monday 5 December 2022.
For further information, please contact Pharmacy Administration on 07 3163 8220.
Please Note: We will not require any support from Recruitment Agencies at this time and kindly request no contact is made. Only direct applications will be considered.
It is now a mandatory requirement of employment at the Mater that you are and remain fully vaccinated against COVID-19.