Mater is Queensland’s largest and most innovative not-for-profit healthcare service, providing care for almost 700,000 patients a year across a network of 11 hospitals.
We are a leader in healthcare, education, and research — and that’s because we employ exceptional people.
About the role
Mater currently requires experienced and committed Community Occupational Therapist to join our Mater at Home team, on a 12-month full time, maximum term contract until 15 January 2024.
The purpose of the role is to deliver a quality clinical Occupational Therapy community service to the Mater at Home client population, as part of a multidisciplinary team.
Specifically, the role requires delivery to consumers of the NDIS, government funded schemes including Transition Care, post-acute care and aged care, and privately funded clients in the community.
This role will directly report to the Mater at Home Occupational Therapy Clinical Lead and indirectly to the Associate Director - Mater at Home.
Salary range: $34.35 – $51.89 (Health Practitioner Level 3) per hour plus superannuation + access to salary packaging options up to $15,900
What you’ll be doing
In this Clinical role, you will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Delivering competent to complex level occupational therapy services in the community and to adult residents in the Sunshine Coast region (which includes screening, assessment, investigation, diagnosis, treatment, goal setting).
- Applying increasingly independent clinical judgement to a complex caseload under the professional guidance of a more senior clinician and modify standard clinical practises to manage social and environmental constraints.
- Working cooperatively and effectively within the multidisciplinary team.
- Managing a workload utilising effective time management and prioritisation skills for clinical and non-clinical responsibilities and to meet determined targets for productivity, quality, safety, stewardship, and client satisfaction.
- Commitment to client safety and quality in the delivery of healthcare by actively participating in safety and quality improvement practices.
- Providing a clinical and professional liaison role with the wider healthcare team involved with the patient/client, including external service providers.
- Engaging in professional development activities as per professional registration standards.
- A tertiary degree in Occupational Therapy
- Accredited practitioner with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) and able to provide certified copies.
- Own car and current open driver’s licence, valid for use in Queensland.
Current, or ability to obtain, NDIS Worker Screening Check (yellow card)
- Demonstrated occupational therapy experience working within a community, aged care and / or disability environment.
Why join us?
Joining a 10,000+ strong workforce, you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education, Research and Foundation and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients, consumers, and community. You will be a part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy.
• Increase take-home pay via Salary Packaging
• Access to package meal and entertainment expenses
• Access to leading education through Mater Education
• Flexible working arrangements & work from home options for suitable roles
• Access to our Employee Assistance Program and on-site pastoral care team
• Discounts at local and national businesses on dining, retail, travel, and accommodation
• Access to on-site, discounted parking
• Discounted food and beverages at various campus cafés and coffee venues
In addition, as a Mater at Home employee you will be provided with a work laptop and mobile phone to enable efficient and quality community care.
For further information specific to the role, please contact Rebekah Fox, Clinical Lead Occupational Therapy Services - Mater at Home on 07 3163 1760.
*It is a mandatory requirement of Mater that you are and remain fully vaccinated against Covid 19.