Clinical Research Assistant
Job no: 497566
Work type: Fixed Term
Location: South Brisbane
About the role
Mater Research is searching for an experienced Clinical Research Assistant to join our IBD Clinical Trials Unit at our South Brisbane campus. This is a full-time position offered as a maximum-term 12 month fixed-term contract.
Mater Research (MR) is a world-class institute that is committed to academic medicine and aims to discover, develop, translate, and commercialise medical research that integrates with relevant areas of excellence within clinical practice. MR discovers ways to prevent and treat conditions affecting babies, children, adolescents and adults, helping them to lead healthy lives.
This role represents a unique and career defining opportunity to join a market leader in healthcare and a proudly Mission Led organisation.
Salary: $69,165 - $77,464 (MR Professional L5) p.a. + super + generous salary packaging available
What you’ll be doing
As a Clinical Research Assistant, you will be providing high quality research assistance to support the implementation of clinical trials activity within the IBD clinical trials Research team to ensure the high quality and timeliness of Mater Clinical Research.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Contribute to the design and implementation of quantitative and qualitative research (including project plans and ethics submissions)
- Assist with the preparation work for study visits including preparing the relevant forms, study packs and labels
- Provide financial management including preparing invoices for research study activities and preparation of regular reports
- Assist with scheduling of patient visits, site monitor visits, and unit meetings
- Aid in collection and processing of relevant patient samples as well as management of stored samples
- Maintain the organisation of study documents including protocols, equipment and patient folders
- Establish and maintain effective communication networks to facilitate efficient conduct of clinical research with relevant collaborators and/or industry sponsors within the relevant program
- Promote consumer awareness of the role of clinical research within the Mater Group complex and externally
As the successful applicant, you will be an experienced Research Assistant with a passion to be involved in research that makes a tangible difference to the lives of people with diabetes. Additionally, you will possess the following:
- Completion of a relevant undergraduate degree
- Good Clinical Practice certification or clear timeline to obtain this qualification.
- Completion of post-graduate research experience of a research higher degree
- Previous experience in a clinical or research environment
- Experience working in a multidisciplinary team
- Advanced computer skills in particular programs such as Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Outlook
- Excellent organisational and problem solving skills and an ability to consistently meet deadlines and commitments
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills, demonstrated ability to interact effectively with staff across multiple functional areas
- Experience in a clinical trials environment
- Practical database experience.
Why join us?
Joining a 10,000+ strong workforce, you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education, Research and Foundation, and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients, consumers and community. You will be a part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy.
- Via salary packaging arrangements allocate some living expenses directly from your pre-taxable income and ultimately increasing take-home pay
- Access to package meal and entertainment expenses
- Access to leading education via Mater Education
- Flexible working arrangements, including work from home options where suitable
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program and on-site pastoral care teams
- Discounts to local and national business and venues for Dining/Retail/Travel & Accommodation and Other
- Access to on-site, discounted parking
- Discounted food and beverage at various campus cafés and coffee venues
Applications close on Friday 3 February 2023. Click here to view the position description .
Applications should include a cover letter and detailed curriculum vitae addressing the selection criteria in the attached position description along with contact details of two professional referees.
For more information, please contact Dr Yoon-Kyo An, via Yoon.An@mater.org.au.
It is now a mandatory requirement of employment at the Mater that you are and remain fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend