Contract & Finance Officer
Job no: 497568
Work type: Fixed Term
Location: South Brisbane
Categories: Finance, Research
About the role
Mater Research has a rare opportunity for a Contract & Finance Officer to join our IBD Clinical Trials Unit at our South Brisbane campus. This is a maximum-term 12 month contract either part-time or full-time hours (between 0.5 – 1.0 FTE).
The Contract and Finance Officer will be working collaboratively with a Contract and Compliance Officer for the site start-up activities, compliance, financial oversight, and efficient administration of the IBD Clinical trials unit.
Mater Research (MR) is a world-class institute that is committed to academic medicine and aims to discover, develop, translate, and commercialise medical research that integrates with relevant areas of excellence within clinical practice. MR discovers ways to prevent and treat conditions affecting babies, children, adolescents, and adults, helping them to lead healthy lives.
Salary: $79,454 - $85,619 (MR Professional L5 - L6) p.a. + super + generous salary packaging available
What you’ll be doing
The Contract & Finance Officer responsibilities will include:
- Negotiation and oversight of study budgets and contracts
- Preparation of ethics and governance submissions, amendments and reports in collaboration with investigators and research organisations
- Oversight of the Clinical trials cost-centre including unit budget planning, resource allocation and financial management including clinical trials management software
- Responsible for all invoicing and cost recovery for activities related to clinical trials within the IBD clinical trials unit
- Conduct regular finance audit and report to the supervisor
- Maintain database of study status and subject progress
- Coordination of research studies and clinical trials in a manner that ensures consistency and adherence to Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and all applicable regulatory requirements
- Adherence to MRL/MML Clinical Policies and Procedures in the conduct of clinical studies
- Logistical support of research activities
As the successful applicant, you will be an experienced Contracts & Finance Officer with a passion to be involved in research that makes a tangible difference to the lives of people with diabetes. Additionally, you will possess the following:
- An appropriate qualification or relevant experience in a health-related discipline, clinical trials co-ordination or project management
- Relevant tertiary qualification and work experience in finance management
Why join us?
Joining a 10,000+ strong workforce, you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education, Research and Foundation, and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients, consumers, and community. You will be a part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy.
- Via salary packaging arrangements allocate some living expenses directly from your pre-taxable income and ultimately increasing take-home pay
- Access to package meal and entertainment expenses
- Access to leading education via Mater Education
- Flexible working arrangements, including work from home options where suitable
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program and on-site pastoral care teams
- Discounts to local and national business and venues for Dining/Retail/Travel & Accommodation and Other
- Access to on-site, discounted parking
- Discounted food and beverage at various campus cafés and coffee venues
Applications close on Friday 3 February 2023. Click here to view the position description Contract and Finance Officer - IBD - PD Jan 2023.pdf.
Applications should include a cover letter and detailed curriculum vitae addressing the selection criteria in the attached position description along with contact details of two professional referees.
For more information, please contact Dr Yoon-Kyo An, via Yoon.An@mater.org.au.
It is now a mandatory requirement of employment at the Mater that you are and remain fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend