Registered Nurse - Acute Medical
Job no: 497584
Work type: Permanent
Location: South Brisbane
Categories: Registered Nurse/Midwife
About the role
Mater Hospital Brisbane is currently seeking applications from skilled Registered Nurses to take on a permanent part-time (32 hours a week) role in our Medical ward.
This role will see you working in Ward 9A which is a 27-bed multidisciplinary ward which cares primarily for older public patients, encompassing a diverse range of specialties including Cardiac, Respiratory, Endocrine, Dermatology and infectious conditions. We also provide a renal dialysis service, leading to a subsequent increase in the renal inpatient service.
Salary range: $38.16 – $49.04 (Registered Nurse Level 1) per hour + 10.5% super and salary packaging
What you’ll be doing
Whilst maintaining the highest level of clinical standards for the unit you will be responsible for:
- Achieving optimal patient outcomes throughout the patient journey and continuum of care
- Demonstrating exceptional clinical expertise and knowledge of procedures and the management of patients seeking outstanding care
- Implementing strategies to ensure that quality and risk management are integrated into service provision
- Working collaboratively with the nursing team to provide exceptional care every time
- Maintaining current knowledge and skills to ensure continued professional growth.
To be successful for this role you will have:
- Current AHPRA nursing registration as a Registered Nurse (no restrictions)
- Experience as a Registered Nurse, with previous clinical experience within General, Respiratory and Renal
- Ability to work in an ever-changing and fast paced environment
- A strong work ethic, positive attitude and willingness to role model and promote the Mater values
- Excellent organisational skills as well as high level written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Commitment to ensuring the levels of service is delivered to patients at all times.
Why join us?
Joining a 10,000+ strong workforce, you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education, Research and Foundation, and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients, consumers and community. You will be a part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy.
- Via salary packaging arrangements allocate some living expenses directly from your pre-taxable income and ultimately increasing take-home pay
- Access to package meal and entertainment expenses
- Access to leading education via Mater Education
- Flexible working arrangements, including work from home options where suitable
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program and on-site pastoral care teams
- Discounts to local and national business and venues for Dining/Retail/Travel & Accommodation and Other
- Access to on-site, discounted parking
- Discounted food and beverage at various campus cafés and coffee venues
Applications close on 6th of February 2023.
Please Note: We will not require any support from Recruitment Agencies at this time and kindly request no contact is made. Only direct applications will be considered.
It is now a mandatory requirement of employment at the Mater that you are and remain fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend