Job no: 497611
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Consulting and Strategy
About the role
Mater Procurement Operations is currently seeking a Procurement Specialist join our Supply Chain Operations team in a permanent, fulltime position based at our purpose-built offices in Newstead.
As the Procurement Specialist for indirects category, you will manage all aspects of the procurement activities in a timely manner and in line with Mater Purchasing Policies.
Salary range: $91,832 - $99,922 (MCA L5) + super + salary packaging + ADO
What you’ll be doing
- Prepare documents and reports relevant to tenders and contracts
- Manage tendering and quoting procedures specific to designated projects
- Negotiate new contracts and review existing contracts to meet changing customer demands
- Develop Request for Proposal (RFP) documentation including risk strategies, evaluation plans and reports in line with defined requirements and in consultation with key stakeholders.
- Adhere to standard procurement processes that comply with Mater procurement governance requirements, acting as Probity Officer, raising instances of non-compliance and providing advice and guidance to improve processes.
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge database of supplier markets, capabilities and technology.
- Share knowledge and best practice across the Procurement and Supply Chain Operations team.
- Work effectively as a team member, as well as independently, proactively and with minimal supervision
To be successful in this position, you will require:
- Recent experience in an indirects procurement or similar role
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Ability to liaise and build relationships with multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritise your work and self-manage as well as work within a team.
- A strong work ethic, positive attitude and willingness to role model and promote the Mater values
- Experience in a healthcare or other highly regulated industry would be highly regarded
Why join us?
Joining a 10,000+ strong workforce, you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education, Research and Foundation, and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients, consumers, and community. You will be a part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy.
- Via salary packaging arrangements allocate some living expenses directly from your pre-taxable income and ultimately increasing take-home pay
- Access to package meal and entertainment expenses
- Access to leading education via Mater Education
- Flexible working arrangements, including work from home options where suitable
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program and on-site pastoral care teams
- Discounts to local and national business and venues for Dining/Retail/Travel & Accommodation and Other
- Access to on-site, discounted parking
- Discounted food and beverage at various campus cafés and coffee venues
Applications close on Wednesday 8 February 2023.
For more information, please contact Leesa Massey, Category Manager via Leesa.Massey@mater.org.au.
Please Note: We will not require any support from Recruitment Agencies at this time and kindly request no contact is made. Only direct applications will be considered.
It is now a mandatory requirement of employment at the Mater that you are and remain fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend