Senior Social Work
Job no: 497615
Work type: Permanent
Location: South Brisbane
Categories: Allied Health
About the role
An exciting opportunity has become available for a highly experienced Social Work Senior to work in Mater Hospital Brisbane. This role is being offered full-time, permanent role based at South Brisbane.
The successful applicant will be a skilled practitioner who ideally has extensive experience in delivery of social work services to patients and families in a hospital setting. Evidence of clinical leadership through leading quality improvement activities, undertaking service evaluation, provision of clinical supervision to staff and contributing to clinical education is also required. While the appointee will be allocated to the general medical ward caseload on commencement, the role may be required to work across other areas of the department as required.
Salary range: $55.48-$59.67 (HP4) per hour plus superannuation and salary packaging
What you’ll be doing
You will deliver high level social work clinical services in accordance with the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW) Code of Ethics and Professional Practice standards by:
- Identifying and assessing the complex psychosocial needs of patients, families and carers
- Applying differential assessment methods to identify clinical risk appropriate to the client group
- Utilising high levels of knowledge and clinical skills in exercising independent professional judgement in problem solving and clinical management, managing a complex caseload beyond that of routine day to day clinical practice
- Applying high level advocacy skills to address patient needs
- Undertaking high level social work practice independently with infrequent direct clinical practice supervision
- Providing clinical supervision and supporting clinical education
The successful candidate will:
- Have a degree in social work that provides eligibility for membership of the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW). Tertiary qualifications from overseas institutions will require evidence of assessment from AASW included with application for the application to be considered
- Demonstrate a high level of knowledge of contemporary practice and clinical skills as recognised by clinical experience, professional development activities, post graduate education or formal qualifications
- Demonstrated high level communication skills and ability to work in a collaborative manner with colleagues both within the department and multidisciplinary teams
- Evidence of clinical leadership demonstrated through quality improvement initiatives, service evaluation and development or research
- Experience in the provision of professional practice supervision to social workers and as field educator for social work students
- Extensive hospital experience and an understanding of the challenges of working in an acute hospital setting
Why join us?
Mater is Queensland’s largest and most innovative not-for-profit healthcare service, providing care for almost 700,000 patients a year across a network of 11 hospitals.
We are a leader in healthcare, education and research — and that’s because we employ exceptional people.
- Via salary packaging arrangements allocate some living expenses directly from your pre-taxable income and ultimately increasing take-home pay
- Access to package meal and entertainment expenses
- Access to leading education via Mater Education
- Flexible working arrangements, including work from home options where suitable
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program and on-site pastoral care teams
- Discounts to local and national business and venues for Dining/Retail/Travel & Accommodation and Other
- Access to on-site, discounted parking
- Discounted food and beverage at various campus cafés and coffee venues
Closing date for applications is Sunday 5 February 2023.
For further information, please contact Jody Ebenezer, Social Worker Team Leader, Mater Adults Hospital, on 07 3163 8031.
**Please note it is now a mandatory requirement of employment at the Mater that you are and remain fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend