Supply Chain Operations Assistant | Mackay
Job no: 497658
Work type: Permanent
Categories: All other
Mater Private Hospital Mackay has been providing excellence in clinical and pastoral care to the people of Mackay and its surroundings since 1927.
Located on the northern bank of the Pioneer River since 2003, our hospital is a modern 105-bed facility featuring five operating theatres, a fully equipped day surgery unit, and a wide range of specialist clinical services.
Our concerted pursuit of innovation—to discover, improve, adopt and adapt—differentiates Mater as a health, education and research leader. We are committed to providing exceptional care in the community.
About the role
The purpose of the Supply Chain Operations Assistant role is to support the regional Supply Chain Operations team through efficient inventory and warehouse operational support. The role is proactive in ensuring a seamless inventory receipt and distribution workflow to Mater customers and in ensuring timely communication, which supports quality stock control.
The Supply Chain Operations Assistant is part of a centralised Mater Supply Chain Operations team focused on building collaborative, customer-focused relationships and adopting a business partnering approach.
The Supply Chain Operations Assistant is responsible for supporting continuous improvement activities. Supply Chain Operations works with a one-team approach to delivering services, and all team members are expected to participate in activities which support improvement and change in the delivery of regional supply chain services, including; purchasing, inventory control, warehousing, imprest management and customer service.
Salary range: $27.13 - $29.73 per hour; salary will depend on the relevant qualifications and experience of the successful applicant.
Your duties will include the following:
But not limited to;
- Ensure accurate receipt of goods and distribution within the warehouse.
- Raise issues with orders and stock as a priority and work collaboratively within the Supply Chain Operations team to resolve.
- Support stocktake activities and support the Supply Chain Operations team to maintain a high-quality stock control process within the warehouse.
- Follow Mater Supply Chain Operations team imprest management processes using the online system provided.
- Participate in improvement initiatives to increase the quality of the imprest management process and use of a consistent system to replenish stock levels.
- Provide support for Mater customers in delivering goods and contribute to the safe, effective and quality operations of health services.
- Support team development through attendance and participation in meetings, learning and development activities to support the development of the regional supply chain team.
You will need:
- Demonstrated experience of warehousing operations is essential, ideally gained in a large, complex organisation.
- Demonstrated experience of working with an inventory management platform/s is essential, including imprest management.
- Must be an organised, self-starter with strong attention to detail.
- Must have a proactive approach and use initiative to raise issues and questions within a team environment, focused on customer outcomes and solutions.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and maintain a strong focus on service delivery.
- Must demonstrate the ability to effectively collaborate in the growth and development of supply chain operations processes, so that the organisation can respond to change and continually improve service standards.
- Must be committed to best practice and continuous quality improvement and contribute feedback and ideas to improve service delivery.
- Demonstrates a visible and active commitment to personal well-being and healthy and safe workplaces and activities.
- Continuously looks to improve the health, safety and environmental performance of Mater
- A Certificate II in Transport and Logistics (Warehousing and Storage), or equivalent
- Prior experience working in inventory and warehousing in a healthcare setting
- Salary Sacrifice of up to $15,900 per year
- Fitness Passport
- Corporate Health fund discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend