Registered Nurse - Surgical
Job no: 497729
Work type: Permanent
Location: South Brisbane
Categories: Registered Nurse/Midwife
About the role
Mater Hospital Brisbane is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Registered Nurse to join our Surgical/Orthopaedics ward (8A). We currently have a permanent part time position working 32 hours per week.
As a RN in ward 8A, you will have a strong patient-service focus, demonstrated commitment to continued service improvement, willingness to facilitate and encourage cohesive, positive professional relationships and be required to demonstrate problem-solving skills to improve patient care outcomes relevant to the ward.
As an enthusiastic and dedicated Registered Nurse you will work as part of a resilient, adaptable and proactive team, continuing to provide exceptional care to patients and seamlessly integrate to hit-the-ground-running. You will provide technical assistance during procedures, ensuring excellent standards of nursing care at all times. You will also work closely with patients and their families ensuring they experience a sensitive, welcoming and friendly environment at all times.
Salary range: $38.16 - $49.04 (RN Level 1) per hour plus superannuation and salary packaging
What you’ll be doing
Whilst displaying the highest level of clinical standards for the unit you will be responsible for:
- Achieving optimal patient outcomes throughout the patient journey and continuum of care
- Demonstrating exceptional clinical expertise and knowledge of procedures and the management of patients seeking outstanding care
- Implementing strategies to ensure that quality and risk management are integrated into service provision
- Working collaboratively with the nursing team to provide exceptional care every time
- Maintaining current knowledge and skills to ensure continued professional growth
You will be driven by a challenging yet rewarding environment where you can bring your energy and experience to this dynamic team of passionate nurses.
Other skills and experience include:
- Current AHPRA nursing registration as a Registered Nurse (no restrictions)
- At least 2 years’ experience in Surgical nursing
- Ability to work in an ever-changing and fast paced environment
- A strong work ethic, positive attitude and willingness to role model and promote the Mater values
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to liaise with all levels of the multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrated ability to operate both in a team environment and autonomously using initiative, sound reasoning and strong listening, negotiation and decision-making skills
- Strong attention to detail and organisational skills
- Commitment to ensuring the levels of service is always delivered to patients at all times.
- Availability to work a 24/7 rotating roster including early, late, night and weekend shifts
Why join us?
Mater is Queensland’s largest and most innovative not-for-profit healthcare service, providing care for almost 700,000 patients a year across a network of 11 hospitals.
We are a leader in healthcare, education and research — and that’s because we employ exceptional people. #MAKEYOURMATERMOVE
- Via salary packaging arrangements, allocate some living expenses directly from your pre-taxable income and ultimately increase your take-home pay
- Access to package meal and entertainment expenses via salary packaging
- Access to leading education and professional development via Mater Education
- Flexible working arrangements, including work from home options where suitable
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program and on-site pastoral care teams
- Discounts to local and national business/venues for Dining/Retail/Travel & Accommodation/Other
- Access to on-site, discounted parking
- Discounted food and beverage at various campus cafés and coffee venues
Applications close on 28th of March 2023. Please note, we will contact applications prior to the closing date, please do not hesitate to APPLY NOW!
Please Note: We will not require any support from Recruitment Agencies at this time and kindly request no contact is made. Only direct applications will be considered.
It is now a mandatory requirement of employment at the Mater that you are and remain fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend