Job no: 497868
Work type: Permanent
Location: South Brisbane
Categories: Registered Nurse/Midwife
About the role
Mater Mothers’ Hospital Special Care Nursery, within the NCCU, has an opportunity for a motivated and enthusiastic Registered Nurses to join the team on either a permanent full-time.
The Neonatal Critical Care Unit is a 79 bed highly specialised and complex service which provides care for approximately 2000 babies per year. It is comprised of 47 intensive care beds, separated into Preterm/Medical and Cardiac/Surgical units, and 32 Special Care beds inclusive of rooming in facilities. Care is delivered in accordance with best practice standards and in a highly collaborative environment.
Salary range: $37.23 - $47.84 (RN1) per hour plus superannuation and salary packaging
What you’ll be doing
Reporting to the Nurse Unit Manager, our Registered Nurses make up a vital and respected part of the nursing team at Mater.
Key duties and responsibilities will include:
- Utilising a structured approach carry out comprehensive and accurate nursing assessments of patients,
- Within scope of practice, implements planned evidence-based nursing interventions,
- Act as a patient advocate ensuring patients are informed and consent is gained prior to procedures,
- Contribute to the maintenance of an environment which promotes safety, security and personal integrity of individual patients and groups,
- Maintain and adhere to Infection Control policies and practices,
- Complies with organisational policies, procedures, work instructions and guidelines,
- Ensure confidentiality of corporate and patient information.
In order to be successful in this position, you will have:
- Current AHPRA nursing registration as a Registered Nurse (no restrictions)
- Hold or willing to be working towards a postgraduate of Neonatal Intensive Care
- Availability to work across a 24/7 rotating roster
- A strong work ethic, positive attitude and willingness to role model and promote Mater values
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to liaise with a variety of different stakeholders both internally and externally at various levels
- Strong attention to detail and organisational skills
- Patient centric approach to care with a commitment to ensuring quality and individualised care is always delivered to patients.
Why join us?
Joining a 10,000+ strong workforce, you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education, Research and Foundation and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients, consumers and community. You will be a part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy.
- Via salary packaging arrangements allocate some living expenses directly from your pre-taxable income and ultimately increasing take-home pay
- Access to package meal and entertainment expenses
- Access to leading education via Mater Education
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program and on-site pastoral care teams
- Discounts to local and national business and venues for Dining/Retail/Travel & Accommodation and Other
- Access to on-site, discounted parking
- Discounted food and beverage at various campus cafés and coffee venues
Please note it is now a mandatory requirement of employment at the Mater to be and to remain fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend