Administration Officer - Referral Management
Job no: 497968
Work type: Fixed Term
Location: South Brisbane
About the role
The Mater Hospital Administration team has an exciting opportunity available for a motivated Administration Officer to join them in the Referral Management Team.
This position will be offered on a fixed-term, full time 12 Month contract. You will work predominantly day shifts on Monday – Friday, and the successful candidate will need to be available for all shifts between the hours of 6am to 6:00pm.
Salary range: $53,888 - $62,538 (MCA2) per annum plus superannuation and salary packaging
What you’ll be doing
As an Administration Officer in Referral Management, your role will involve but is not limited to:
- Providing Exceptional Customer Service to patient and clients
- Providing administrative support to clinical and medical staff
- Maintain a high level of discretion and confidentiality, complying with administration, and financial policy and procedures, maintaining accurate, current and accessible files, including maintenance of records of relevant meetings and discussions
- Continually demonstrate highly developed written communication skills including ability to draft routine correspondence on behalf of the senior management
- Provide administrative assistance to other senior staff and others as requested
- Exercise judgement where necessary to solve immediate problems in situations where precedents have not been set and procedures not defined
- Maintaining and meeting multiple KPI’s daily
- Support staff training
To be successful in this role, you will demonstrate:
- Experienced in providing medical administration support
- Highly developed time management and organisational skills
- Strong computer skills including competence in using Patient Administration systems (or the ability to quickly learn new systems)
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to organise and prioritise work effectively within a busy, fast-paced, demanding environment
- Ability to be available for all shifts across a 5-day working week between the hours of 6am to 7:00pm.
- Advanced IT skills in the Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel
- A positive attitude and approach to work with a commitment to excellent service and accuracy.
Why join us?
Joining a 10,000+ strong workforce, you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education, Research and Foundation, and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients, consumers and community. You will be a part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy.
- Via salary packaging arrangements allocate some living expenses directly from your pre-taxable income and ultimately increasing take-home pay
- Access to package meal and entertainment expenses
- Access to leading education via Mater Education
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program and on-site pastoral care teams
- Discounts to local and national business and venues for Dining/Retail/Travel & Accommodation and Other
- Access to on-site, discounted parking
- Discounted food and beverage at various campus cafés and coffee venues
Please note it is now a mandatory requirement of employment at the Mater that you are and remain fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend