Administration Officer - Public Inpatient Services
Job no: 497976
Work type: Permanent
Location: South Brisbane
Public Inpatient Services
About the role
The Mater Public Inpatient Services Administration team have an opportunity available for an experienced Administration Officer to cover a permanent part time contract 24 hours per fortnight.
The successful candidate will need to be available for shifts Monday to Sunday. Predominately afternoon shifts 1445 - 1845, and weekend shifts between the hours of 0900 - 1300. Availability to pick up extra shifts would be an advantage.
Salary range: $26.51-$30.70(MCA2) per hour plus superannuation
What you’ll be doing
This position will involve but not limited to:
- Providing Exceptional Customer Service to patients and clients
- Updating of Patient Demographics in IPM to ensure discharge documentation is up to date
- Processing patient transfers and discharges and the preparation of clinical forms
- Providing administrative support to clinical staff
- Maintain a high level of discretion and confidentiality, complying with administration, and financial policy and procedures, maintaining accurate, current, and accessible files, including maintenance of patient records for discharge
- Provide administrative assistance to other senior staff and others as requested
- Exercise judgement where necessary to solve immediate problems in situations where precedents have not been set and procedures not defined
To be successful in this role, you will demonstrate:
- Experience in providing medical administration support would be an advantage
- The ability to utilise time management and organisational skills
- Accurate data entry
- Strong computer skills including competence in using Patient Administration systems (or the ability to quickly learn new systems)
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to organise and prioritise work effectively within a busy, fast-paced, demanding environment
- Ability to be available for all shifts across a 7-day roster.
How to apply?
Please submit a cover letter and Resume outlining your experience and what you would bring to this role to Donna Sharman via the Mater web site.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend