Job no: 498375
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Registered Nurse/Midwife
About the role
Mater Private Hospital Redlands has a unique opportunity for a highly motivated Registered Nurse to work within our Day oncology & PCU2 unit on a permanent, part-time basis. Immediate start available
Salary range: $38.16 - $49.04 (Registered Nurse Level 1) per hour plus superannuation & salary packaging
Mater Private Hospital Redland offers a convenient location for patients and visitors living in the Bayside area. Building on Mater’s reputation for clinical excellence, Mater Private Hospital Redland provides a range of specialised maternity, surgical and medical services to support the needs of the local community. The hospital features a three-level main hospital building incorporating 60 inpatient beds, 3 operating theatres, birth suites and access to a wide range of clinical services.
What you’ll be doing
As a Registered Nurse, your role will involve (but is not limited to):
- Achieving optimal patient outcomes throughout their journey & continuum of care
- Demonstrating clinical expertise and knowledge of chemotherapy and targeted therapy administration, central venous line management
- Has a background of working & administering chemotherapy in a Day oncology setting
- Implementing strategies to ensure that quality and risk management are integrated into service provision
- Maintaining current knowledge and skills to ensure continued professional growth
- Demonstrating exceptional clinical expertise and knowledge of procedures and the management of patients seeking outstanding care
- Working collaboratively with the nursing team to provide exceptional care every time
You will be part of a team of professionals who take pride in providing the highest levels of patient care. The team is supportive, approachable and patient focused and provides excellent training and development opportunities.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Current Day Oncology & Surgical experience
- Current AHPRA registration as a Registered Nurse (no restrictions)
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and share knowledge with less-experienced staff
- Excellent communication, problem solving and negotiation skills
- A demonstrated awareness of and involvement in quality and risk management activities
Why join us?
Mater is Queensland’s largest and most innovative not-for-profit healthcare service, providing care for almost 700,000 patients a year across a network of 11 hospitals.
We are a leader in healthcare, education and research — and that’s because we employ exceptional people. #MAKEYOURMATERMOVE
- Via salary packaging arrangements, allocate some living expenses directly from your pre-taxable income and ultimately increase your take-home pay
- Access to package meal and entertainment expenses via salary packaging
- Access to leading education and professional development via Mater Education
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program and on-site pastoral care teams
- Discounts to local and national business/venues for Dining/Retail/Travel & Accommodation/Other
Applications close on Sunday 4th of June 2023. Please note, we may contact applications prior to the closing date, please do not hesitate to APPLY NOW!
Please Note: We will not require any support from Recruitment Agencies at this time and kindly request no contact is made. Only direct applications will be considered.
It is now a mandatory requirement of employment at the Mater that you are and remain fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend