About the role
The Mater Mothers’ Hospital has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Fellow in Maternal Fetal Medicine (MFM) to join our team in 2024. We are offering a 12-month full time contract, commencing Monday 5th February 2024 and concluding on Sunday 2nd February 2025 for an RANZCOG accredited MFM Fellow.
Our world-class maternity facility is the largest provider of Obstetric Services in Australia, with more than 10,500 births annually in a co-located public and private setting. As the major tertiary referral centre for the State of Queensland, the Mater Centre for Maternal Fetal Medicine provides more than 20,000 episodes of care per year and is at the forefront of fetal therapy options in Australia and New Zealand. Staffed by six Consultants, two Fellows/Registrars, Sonographers, Midwives, and an administrative team, the unit also works closely with a multi-disciplinary team of perinatal specialists to offer a full range of prenatal screening, diagnostics and fetal therapy options and has developed major international and national collaborative links. MFM staff work closely with Neonatal Specialists servicing one of the largest Neonatal Intensive Care facilities in Australia. Obstetric Medicine sits within the MFM Department providing collaborative support along with other medical specialists including Adult Cardiologists, Gastroenterologists and Haematologists for the care of complex maternal medical problems. Paediatric Cardiologists, Paediatric Surgeons and other specialty staff provide prenatal and postnatal services in collaboration with the Queensland Children’s Hospital, co-located on our South Brisbane campus. Mater Pathology has its own molecular genetics and perinatal pathology services. Mater Education is a registered training organisation supporting a wide range of courses with comprehensive clinical simulation facilities.
Salary range: Commensurate with level of training and experience (L10 – L13)
What you’ll be doing
The role of Senior Clinical MFM Fellow will see you contribute to a high quality, multidisciplinary team-based clinical service appropriate to the level of training and experience in Maternal Fetal Medicine and Obstetrics. You will work collaboratively with health professionals both within the service and outside the organisation to achieve the highest levels of care to our patients, whilst undertaking RANZCOG accredited MFM training and research within the Mater Centre for Maternal Fetal Medicine and Mater Research, University of Qld. Honorary University of Queensland academic status is available upon application and there are multiple research and education opportunities.
To be considered for this role you must have or be:
- RANZCOG Fellowship (or equivalent) and completed two years of MFM training
- current registration with/or eligible for registration with AHPRA as a medical practitioner
- previous obstetric ultrasound training and experience
- willing to undertake research and tertiary obstetric ultrasound training
- knowledge of Maternal Fetal Medicine and related subjects, and of technical equipment used in current obstetric practice
- clinical skills and abilities consistent with the level of training and experience in Maternal Fetal Medicine and Obstetrics
- able to communicate effectively with patients and their families, multidisciplinary staff and be able to work effectively in a team environment
- able to maintain patient confidentiality and abide by local hospital and external privacy rules and legislation
- caring, kind and empathic to patients and staff alike
- MBBS or equivalent level medical qualification that is recognised by the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Authority (AHPRA)
- Current registration with / or eligible for registration with AHPRA as a medical practitioner
- Applicants must provide documentary evidence of compliance before they can be appointed, inclusive of certified copies of qualifications held, current registration certificates and evidence of relevant immunisations
Why join us?
You will have the opportunity to be an employee of an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education and Research and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of women, babies and their families.
Mater provides benefits not offered in other workplaces. In addition to being part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy, pioneers in the provision of healthcare to Queensland for over 100 years, you will have opportunities to increase your take-home pay with our salary packaging options.
Closing date for applications is Sunday 25th June 2023.
For further information specific to the role, please contact Ms Mel Drysdale Business Support Officer to Dr Glenn Gardener, Director, Mater Centre for Maternal Fetal Medicine on 07 3163 8844.
In submitting your application, please include a CV and cover letter outlining your interest in this position and the skills and experience you would bring to the role. If you are having difficulties submitting your application please contact our Recruitment Team at email@example.com