Senior Administration Officer - Emotional Health Unit
Job no: 498428
Work type: Permanent
Location: South Brisbane
About the role
The Mater Hospital Administration Team currently have an opportunity for a motivated Senior Administration Officer join the Emotional Health Unit in a permanent part time role, working 19 hours/week.
The position will require you to demonstrate exceptional customer service, verbal and written communication skills, and a commitment to providing friendly and efficient service to both internal clients and patients in a fast-paced environment.
Salary range: $33.59 – $37.55 (MCA3) per hour plus superannuation and salary packaging
What you’ll be doing
- Performing administrative functions as required, including updating hospital information systems with accurate patient information, ensuring the timely preparation and maintenance of patient medical records and the development of reports and other correspondence
- Managing and providing confidential administrative support to the Nurse Unit Managers and clinicians in your capacity as a ward clerk
- Following office processes using various information systems to ensure the recording and filing of various documentation and information is completed accurately and efficiently
As the successful applicant you will have:
- Excellent customer service skills, including verbal and written communication with the ability to interact with all levels of staff, patients and visitors
- Highly experienced in providing efficient and effective administrative support in a timely and organised manner (medical administration experience is highly desirable)
- Accurate data entry skills with intermediate computer and typing skills, Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel and Outlook) and an ability to draft correspondence accurately
- Ability to organise and prioritise work effectively within a busy, demanding, fast-paced environment
- High level problem-solving capabilities
- The ability to work both autonomously and as a part of a team when required
Why join us?
In return for your skills, effort, and enthusiastic commitment you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education and Research and to work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients, consumers, and community.
Mater provides benefits not offered in other workplaces. In addition to being part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy, you will have opportunity to increase your take-home pay with our salary packaging options.
Applications close on Wednesday 31st May 2023
**Please note it is now a mandatory requirement of employment at the Mater that you are and remain fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend