Job no: 498445
Work type: Permanent
Location: South Brisbane
Categories: Enrolled Nurse
About the role
Mater Private Hospital is seeking an experienced, motivated and enthusiastic Enrolled Nurse to join our Welcome lounge & Pre-admission team. There are permanent part time opportunities available 32 hours a week. An immediate start available.
The Welcome Lounge/Day Unit offers exceptional individualised care and is committed to enhancing the patient experience by providing education, information and support that is evidence based to facilitate safe and timely preparation of elective surgery patients with a focus of patient centred care.
Salary range: $33.01 - $35.15 (Enrolled Nurse) per hour plus superannuation & salary packaging
What you’ll be doing
This role will see you demonstrate your commitment to providing quality clinical care. The pre-admission nurse ensures that pre-operative patients receive a comprehensive assessment, education and appropriate referrals are in place to optimise the surgical pathway.
The clinic has a strong commitment to the Mater mission and values with staff striving to offer a compassionate service to patients and their families, to show sensitivity regarding privacy, flexibility when considering patients individual needs, and to promote a helpful environment in which the multidisciplinary team works effectively.
To be considered suitable for this role you must have:
- Current AHPRA registration (no restrictions) with 2+ years’ experience in a surgical nursing environment
- Clinical competency and the ability to maintain the highest standards of nursing practice
- Excellent knowledge and assessment skills in surgical nursing
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- High level communication skills when liaising with patients, families and staff within professional, legal and ethical parameters
- Exceptional time management
- High level competence in using electronic information systems such as patient information systems, procedural booking system, Outlook and Microsoft Excel
Previous experience working within a pre-admission environment will also be advantageous.
Why join us?
Mater is Queensland’s largest and most innovative not-for-profit healthcare service, providing care for almost 700,000 patients a year across a network of 11 hospitals.
We are a leader in healthcare, education and research — and that’s because we employ exceptional people. #MAKEYOURMATERMOVE
- Via salary packaging arrangements, allocate some living expenses directly from your pre-taxable income and ultimately increase your take-home pay
- Access to package meal and entertainment expenses via salary packaging
- Access to leading education and professional development via Mater Education
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program and on-site pastoral care teams
- Discounts to local and national business/venues for Dining/Retail/Travel & Accommodation/Other
Applications close on Sunday 4th of June 2023. Please note, we may contact applications prior to the closing date, please do not hesitate to APPLY NOW!
Please Note: We will not require any support from Recruitment Agencies at this time and kindly request no contact is made. Only direct applications will be considered.
It is now a mandatory requirement of employment at the Mater that you are and remain fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend