CSSD Manager (Central Sterile Services Department)
Job no: 498798
Work type: Permanent
Categories: All other
CSSD Manager (Central Sterile Services Department)
About the role
Mater Private Hospital Townsville is currently seeking an experienced CSSD manager to lead our North Queensland Team.
As a CSSD Manager, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the safe and efficient sterilization of medical equipment and supplies, contributing significantly to the well-being of our patients and the overall success of our institution. You will lead a team of skilled technicians in maintaining the cleanliness and sterility of all reusable medical instruments, thereby reducing the risk of infections, and supporting positive patient outcomes. MPHT boasts brand new state of the art theatre facilities, a catheterization laboratory and separate onsite day surgery facilities.
Salary: Commensurate with experience plus superannuation and salary packaging
What you’ll be doing
Principal accountabilities in this role will include but are not limited to:
- Oversee the daily operations of the CSSD department including decontamination, sterilization, and distribution of medical equipment
- Ensure proper functioning and maintenance of sterilization equipment and machinery
- Advise management on issues likely to affect the overall quality and/or financial performance of CSSD within Perioperative Services
- Initiate and recommend to the Perioperative Services Manager any proposals that can improve production and service delivery.
- Participate in the development of unit objectives, policies, procedures, and practices ensuring compliance with AS/NZS 4187:2014
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to best utilise financial resources within CSSD.
- Conduct regular audits, quality checks and document all quality initiatives in accordance with The NSQHS Standards
- Conduct system analyses and investigation of any procedure failures.
- Maintain and facilitate the principles of Hospital’s hazardous substances, manual handling, drug and alcohol, sharps, and infectious waste policies.
- Develop, implement, and ensure that appropriate education, orientation, and competency levels are maintained within the unit.
- Arrange appropriate in-service training on new equipment, instruments and products as related to CSSD.
- Collaborate with various departments to ensure an adequate supply of sterilized equipment for surgeries and medical procedures
We are seeking a dynamic, passionate, and suitably experienced CSSD Manager to lead our well-established Sterilisation team.
To be Successful in this role you will possess:
- A Certificate III in Sterilisation Services - essential
- A Certificate IV in Training & Assessment - highly desirable
- Significant experience as a CSSD Technician or Supervisor within a hospital setting
- In-depth knowledge of sterilization methods, infection control, and regulatory guidelines
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate and inspire a team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities to collaborate effectively with different departments & stakeholders
- The ability to comply with standards, policy, and procedures
- The right to work in Australia
Why join us?
Mater is Queensland’s largest and most innovative not-for-profit healthcare service, providing care for almost 700,000 patients a year across a network of 11 hospitals.
We are dedicated to providing exceptional healthcare services to our community. Our state-of-the-art facility is equipped with cutting-edge technology, and our team of healthcare professionals strives to maintain the highest standards of patient safety and quality care.
We are a leader in healthcare, education, and research — and that’s because we employ exceptional people. #MAKEYOURMATERMOVE
- Via salary packaging arrangements, allocate some living expenses directly from your pre-taxable income and ultimately increase your take-home pay
- Access to package meal and entertainment expenses via salary packaging
- Access to leading education and professional development via Mater Education
- Flexible working arrangements, including work from home options where suitable
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program and on-site pastoral care teams
- Discounts to local and national business/venues for dining/retail/travel & accommodation/other
- Access to on-site, discounted parking
- Discounted food and beverage at various campus cafés and coffee venues
For further information specific to the position, please contact May Oren, Talent Acquisition Advisor, on 0428 255 492.
Applications close on Wednesday 23rd August. Please note, we will contact applications prior to the closing date, please do not hesitate to APPLY NOW!
Please Note: We will not require any support from Recruitment Agencies at this time and kindly request no contact is made. Only direct applications will be considered.
It is now a mandatory requirement of employment at the Mater that you are and remain fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend