Senior House Officer - Dermatology
Job no: 499119
Work type: Fixed Term, Permanent
Location: South Brisbane
Categories: Medical Officers
Mater Health are currently seeking a Senior House Officer in Dermatology, working across Mater’s Medical and Chronic Disease Services. This position will be offered for 12 months on a part time basis, based at our South Brisbane campus, commencing 5th February 2024.
Salary range: Commensurate with experience
What you’ll be doing
You will provide care to patients within Mater Hospital Brisbane Medical and Chronic Disease Medicine. You will undertake administrative, surgical, and clinical duties which arise from this position, and those delegated by the Director of Dermatology
- Maintenance of a safe clinical environment within the Dermatology Department.
- Application of best practice principles in the care of patients.
- Managing the MDT meetings.
- Participation in audit activities and quality management initiatives of the Medical and Chronic area.
- Manage your specific role in the clinical wait list and comply with the expectations set.
- Clearly document all findings, results, and orders for patients in the medical record and to adequately identify such entries.
- Ensure that all results of investigations when available are presented to the Consultant at the earliest opportunity consistent with optimal patient care.
- Have and maintain a good working knowledge of their patient's medical and social situation and to convey any significant information to the Consultant at the earliest opportunity, consistent with optimal patient care.
- Enrol with appropriate organisations for specific training, attend necessary training programs, ensure assessment forms are completed by Supervisors of Training.
Registration as a medical practitioner without conditions, with the Medical Board of Queensland. In approved circumstances, eligibility for registration, with conditions, as a medical practitioner with the Medical Board of Queensland which must be produced at the commencement of employment.
Senior House Officers are expected to be punctual, polite and maintain a professional appearance. They must respect the dignity of their patients and fellow workers and the confidentiality of patients' medical information. They must abide by the code of ethics of the medical profession and respect the philosophies of the Sisters of Mercy and Mater Misericordia Hospitals.
Why join us?
Mater is Queensland’s largest and most innovative not-for-profit healthcare service, providing care for almost 700,000 patients a year across a network of 11 hospitals.
We are a leader in healthcare, education and research — and that’s because we employ exceptional people.
- We offer salary packaging arrangements allocating some living expenses directly from your pre-taxable income and ultimately increasing take-home pay
- Access to package meal and entertainment expenses
- Access to leading education via Mater Education
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program and on-site pastoral care teams
- Discounts to local and national business and venues for Dining/Retail/Travel & Accommodation and Other
- Access to on-site, discounted parking
- Discounted food and beverage at various campus cafés and coffee venues
For further information specific to the position, please contact Lydia McLennan, Administration & Business Support Officer for Dermatology, at email@example.com / 07 3163 6353.
Applications close 18th October 2023. Please note, we may contact applications prior to this date, and the applications may close earlier if a suitable candidate is chosen.
*It is now a mandatory requirement of employment at the Mater that you are and remain fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend