Gardener / Landscaper
Job no: 499142
Work type: Permanent
Location: South Brisbane
Categories: Trades and Services
About the role
Mater Hospital’s Engineering & Maintenance Department currently has an opportunity for a Gardener/Landscaper to join the team in a permanent full time role.
The purpose of this role is to maintain the gardens and grounds of Mater in a safe, tidy and well-presented condition ensuring all work is performed in a timely, cost effective manner to prescribed quality standards and to meet customer needs.
Salary range: $32.34 (Maintenance Services Award Level 3) per hour plus superannuation
What you’ll be doing
Key duties will include:
- Participate in the planned activities to ensure the presentation of the hospital grounds, gardens, paths and roadways are maintained to a high standard in an efficient manner. This is done through participation in a well-trained and motivated work team.
- Involvement in planning for and development of improvements to the hospital grounds and gardens.
- Preparation of seasonal maintenance and renovation programs relating to the grounds and gardens.
- Day to day delivery of the Mater grounds and gardens maintenance programs.
- Maintaining a motivated, innovative and safe culture within the Gardeners work team.
- Complete job sheets daily providing accurate details of work performed and any feedback required.
- To efficiently and effectively undertake grounds and gardens maintenance works as programmed.
- Participate in the management of all plant, equipment and tools allocated to the work group ensuring routine maintenance is carried out to provide safe and efficient operation.
To be successful in this role you will possess the following:
- TAFE (or equivalent) qualifications in Horticulture or similar fields
- An understanding of Occupational, Health, Safety and Welfare Legislation and Regulations pertaining to gardening
- Demonstrated experience in operating light vehicles and machinery
- Hold a current “C” Class Motor Driver’s Licence
- Hold a current Blue Card (or ability to obtain one)
- Commercial operator’s licence for ground distribution of herbicides
- Well-developed time management and organisation skills
- Sound verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in a team environment
Why join us?
Mater is Queensland’s largest and most innovative not-for-profit healthcare service, providing care for almost 700,000 patients a year across a network of 11 hospitals.
We are a leader in healthcare, education and research — and that’s because we employ exceptional people. #MAKEYOURMATERMOVE
- Access to salary packaging arrangements, allocate living expenses directly from your pre-taxable income and ultimately increase your take-home pay
- Access to package meal and entertainment expenses via salary packaging
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program and on-site pastoral care teams
- Discounts to local and national business/venues for Dining/Retail/Travel & Accommodation/Other
- Discounted gym membership and other leisure/lifestyle centres
- Discounted food and beverage at various campus cafés and coffee venues
Applications Close Wednesday 02 October 2023.
Please note we will be viewing applications prior to the closing date so please don't hesitate to apply now!
It is now a mandatory requirement of employment at the Mater that you are and remain fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend