Clinical Facilitator Medical Unit
About the role
Mater Private Hospital Townsville is currently searching for a clinical facilitator to join our education team. As Clinical Facilitator within education you will be primarily responsible for supporting the professional development of the nursing team. This role entails a wide and diverse coordination, provision and monitoring of unit based and organisational objectives to mandatory and role-requisite education. You will monitor National Safety and Quality Health Service Standards initiatives, the revision and implementation of new policies and models of care.
Salary range: $52.63 - $56.38 per hour plus superannuation and salary packaging
What you’ll be doing
Within this role your principal accountabilities include:
- In response to identified learning needs, plan, develop, implement and evaluate clinical learning and development.
- In collaboration with the Education Co-ordinator, develop evidence-based, flexible and fit for purpose learning and assessment resources.
- Develop individual and/or workplace learning plans and assess clinician clinical performance against agreed standards of practice for staff experiencing performance issues.
- Incorporate Simulation and other education methodologies into learning activities and resources.
- Proactively seek opportunities for innovation and improvement in contemporary education and clinical / patient care practice.
- Engage in educational research and quality improvement activities.
- Support all staff to gain and maintain corporate required and role specific education requirements in consultation with the Education Co-ordinator and Clinical Line Manager / Nurse Unit Manager.
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- Current and unrestricted AHPRA registration
- Minimum 3 years recent clinical experience working in a Medical Unit
- TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or post graduate qualification in education, or willingness to work towards achieving
- Post graduate qualifications in specialty
- Demonstrated experience in clinical facilitation and preceptorship
Why join us?
Mater is Queensland’s largest and most innovative not-for-profit healthcare service, providing care for almost 700,000 patients a year across a network of 11 hospitals.
We are a leader in healthcare, education and research — and that’s because we employ exceptional people. #MAKEYOURMATERMOVE
- Via salary packaging arrangements, allocate some living expenses directly from your pre-taxable income and ultimately increase your take-home pay
- Access to package meal and entertainment expenses via salary packaging
- Access to leading education and professional development via Mater Education
- Flexible working arrangements, including work from home options where suitable
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program and on-site pastoral care teams
- Discounts to local and national business/venues for dining/retail/travel & accommodation/other
- Access to on-site, discounted parking
- Discounted food and beverage at various campus cafés and coffee venues
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity please contact May Oren, Talent Acquisition Manager on 07 4727 4644.
Applications close on Sunday 1st October 2023. Please note, we will contact applications prior to the closing date, please do not hesitate to APPLY NOW!
Please Note: We will not require any support from Recruitment Agencies at this time and kindly request no contact is made. Only direct applications will be considered.
It is now a mandatory requirement of employment at the Mater that you are and remain fully vaccinated against COVID-19.