Senior Health and Safety Adviser
Job no: 499220
Work type: Permanent
Location: South Brisbane
Categories: Human Resources
Mater People and Learning are looking for a Senior Health and Safety Advisor to join the team. This permanent, full-time role is based between the Newstead and South Campuses.
Salary range: $111,403 - $119,335 plus superannuation and salary packaging
What you’ll be doing
You will provide active and functional health and safety advice, guidance and coaching to Mater Health Services (MHS). The role is responsible for ensuring that all legislative and operational health and safety requirements are met and that the safety of our employees remains our highest priority. The position will provide high level technical expertise and support to the State Manager, Health and Safety Systems in establishing and maintaining systems and processes associated with employee health and safety to ensure legislative compliance.
The Senior Health and Safety Advisor will lead the work health and safety team in Brisbane being responsible for the teams direct supervision and to provide support and guidance on WHS matters needing escalation.
The Senior Health and Safety Advisor will also work closely with the Injury Management team to establish and facilitate local intervention initiatives and individual case management.
You will have a minimum of Certificate IV Health and Safety, or working towards
- Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety or similar (Desirable)
- Prior experience in a comparable role
- Prior experience in a healthcare environment (highly desired)
- Skills & Knowledge
- Contemporary knowledge and application of legislation and guidelines
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and as a member of a geographically segregated team
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to undertake incident investigation and management to industry standard
- Demonstrated high level written skills including the ability to compile reports, documented risk assessments / investigations, discussion papers, briefing notes and relevant correspondence
- Demonstrated high level verbal communication skills in establishing and contributing to effective relationships with the Health and Safety team, Injury Management Team and the broader People and Performance Team
- Experience using Employee injury and incident management systems
Why join us?
Mater is Queensland’s largest and most innovative not-for-profit healthcare service, providing care for almost 700,000 patients a year across a network of 11 hospitals.
We are a leader in healthcare, education and research — and that’s because we employ exceptional people. #MAKEYOURMATERMOVE
- Via salary packaging arrangements, allocate some living expenses directly from your pre-taxable income and ultimately increase your take-home pay
- Access to package meal and entertainment expenses via salary packaging
- Access to leading education and professional development via Mater Education
- Flexible working arrangements, including work from home options where suitable
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program and on-site pastoral care teams
- Discounts to local and national business/venues for Dining/Retail/Travel & Accommodation/Other
- Access to on-site, discounted parking
- Discounted food and beverage at various campus cafés and coffee venues
- Access to gym, pool and end of trip facilities within our new purpose-built corporate office in Newstead
Applications close on Monday 2nd October 2023. Please note, we may contact applications prior to the closing date, please do not hesitate to APPLY NOW!
Please Note: We will not require any support from Recruitment Agencies at this time and kindly request no contact is made. Only direct applications will be considered.
It is now a mandatory requirement of employment at the Mater that you are and remain fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend