Job no: 500056
Work type: Permanent
Location: South Brisbane
Categories: Trades and Services
About the role
Mater’s Engineering and Maintenance department currently has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced and qualified Maintenance Carpenter to join the team in a permanent, full time capacity.
In this role you will carry out repairs and maintenance tasks to Mater Health Services facilities as directed in order to maintain the facilities in a safe and well-presented condition.
Hourly Rate: $40.07 (Maintenance Services Lvl 4-5) per hour plus superannuation and access to not-for-profit salary packaging up to $15,900
What you’ll be doing
- Ensure effective communication with Trade Group Manager and Trade Coordinator on a regular basis throughout the day on issues regarding daily work plan and work activities.
- Participate in the planning and development of maintenance and renovation programs for the MHS facilities.
- Advise on preferred maintenance practises as required utilising trade and technical knowledge.
- Participate in the process of providing quotations for work and the ordering and maintaining stock levels as required.
- Ensure all work is carried out in a manner providing the safety of patients, visitors and staff whilst ensuring all access and services are maintained where practical.
- Provide quality technical skills and knowledge to ensure all work is completed in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Participate in the training and development of apprentices by providing technical guidance and supervision.
- Interact and coordinate effectively with workshop team members and other trade disciplines to ensure positive job outcomes on multi trade tasks.
- Record accurate data on provided iPads including job sheets and timesheets and sign as required
- Provide 24hour maintenance service by participating in on-call roster as may be required.
To be successful in this role you will possess the following:
- Possession of a Carpentry Trade Certificate
- Prior experience working as a Maintenance Carpenter in complex environments
- Current C Class motor vehicle license
- Well-developed time management and organisation skills
- Sound verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated experience working in a team environment
- Ability to participate in a 24-hour on-call roster as may be required
Why join us?
Mater is Queensland’s largest and most innovative not-for-profit healthcare service, providing care for almost 700,000 patients a year across a network of 11 hospitals.
We are a leader in healthcare, education and research — and that’s because we employ exceptional people. #MAKEYOURMATERMOVE
- Increase your take-home pay via Salary Packaging by allocating applicable living expenses directly from your pre-taxable income
- Access to package meal and entertainment expenses via Salary Packaging
- Access to leading education and professional development through Mater Education
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program and on-site pastoral care team
- Discounts to local and national businesses/venues for dining, retail, travel & accommodation, other
- Access to on-site, discounted parking
- Discounts at various on-campus cafés and coffee venues
For further information, please contact Jon Best 0420702176
Closing date for applications is Thursday 7 March 2024
We will be reviewing and contacting applicants prior to closing date so please apply now!
Please Note: We will not require any support from Recruitment Agencies at this time and kindly request no contact is made. Only direct applications will be considered.
Please note it is now a mandatory requirement of employment at the Mater that you are and remain fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend