Nurse Unit Manager - ICU
Job no: 492720
Work type: Permanent
Location: Mater Townsville
- Location: Townsville – Pimlico Campus
- Relocation Assistance: $5,000 + 2 weeks staff accommodation
- Applications close: 10 April 2020
About the role
An exciting opportunity has become available for a highly experienced Nurse Unit Manager with extensive experience in a leadership role to manage our dynamic, Intensivist led, multidisciplinary team managing critically ill patients in a Level 6 Tertiary Intensive Care Unit (ICU).
Based at Mater Townsville, this role will give the successful candidate the opportunity to provide and ensure the strategic and day-to-day management of nursing and clinical services across the unit alongside ensuring the highest quality patient care, where advanced clinical skills and knowledge underpin care coordination, collaboration and communication for excellence in patient outcomes.
As the leader of this team, you will provide exceptional nursing management and be responsible for the clinical, resource management, education and research accountabilities of nursing within this area. Additionally, you will ensure the provision of best practice, quality and safety aspects of patient care.
Salary: $125,000 plus 9.5% superannuation
What you’ll be doing
This role will see you provide leadership and direction to the clinical team to manage and be accountable for safe and efficient care of patients requiring varying levels of care with the unit
Other duties and responsibilities include:
- Caring for and leading a team of professionals
- Communication and coordination of patient care
- Engagement with stakeholders in other departments to ensure the highest quality patient care, that services are efficient, that patient safety is optimized, and to resolve barriers to patient flow.
- Team management, including performance management and compliance with Human Resources processes
- Delivery of work against relevant timeframes
You will be an experienced leader and will drive innovation in your field; using evidence based research to suggest new ways of doing things and take a positive and adaptive approach to embedding best practice.
Other skills and responsibilities include:
- Extensive experience in ICU with sound clinical expertise
- Current AHPRA Nursing registration
- Ability to demonstrate strong capability in leading both the clinical and commercial aspects of a tertiary service
- High level communication skills within a multidisciplinary environment
- Demonstrated competence in cost centre management
- Willingness to role model and promote the Mater values
Why join us?
In return for your skills you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients.
Mater provides benefits not offered in other workplaces. In addition to being part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy, pioneers in the provision of healthcare to Queensland for over 100 years, you will have opportunities to increase your take-home pay with our salary packaging options.
How to Apply
For confidential discussion please contact Nicholas Doherty on 07 4727 4597 otherwise please submit your resume by clicking "Apply Now".
Applications will be shortlisted upon application so please don't delay.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend