About the role
Mater Education currently has an exciting opportunity for an Education Coordinator to join one of Australia’s leading healthcare education providers in a part time capacity based at Mater Private Hospital Bundaberg.
About Mater Education
For more than 100 years, Mater has delivered quality training for clinicians and healthcare professionals. Today, we’re part of Mater’s state-wide network of hospitals and healthcare facilities.
As a nationally-accredited training provider, and the largest private provider of Enrolled Nurses in Australia, we deliver contemporary, interprofessional workforce training and translational simulation services across a wide range of sectors including health, aged and residential care, emergency services, child care and direct to the community.
We offer a range of courses for beginning practitioners through to highly experienced clinicians. The quality of content we deliver is founded in the synthesis of leading research, evidence-based contemporary education and clinical practice.
Who we are
For more than 70 years, Mater Bundaberg has been providing excellence in health care for Bundaberg and surrounding communities. As a Catholic not-for-profit ministry of Mercy Partners, our 59 bed facility combines state-of-the-art technology with specialist clinical and nursing staff, delivering personalised healthcare that meets the highest standards. 2020 has seen Mercy Health Queensland join forces under one Mission. The merger with North, Central and South East Queensland allows a single collective network to bring great benefit for Queenslanders by collaborating the organisation’s state-wide expertise and services.
Bundaberg is the gateway to the Southern Great Barrier Reef. The surrounding coastline offers idyllic beachside living with the climate allowing for a relaxed lifestyle that can be enjoyed all year round.
From turtle tracks, island day trips, award winning distilleries, and being the centre known as Australia’s freshest food bowl, Bundaberg has it covered. The affordable lifestyle allows for families to flourish and offers a change to the pressures of city commutes which add to long working hours.
Salary range: $54.00-$60.62 per hour plus superannuation (Mater Nursing and Midwifery Enterprise Agreement)
What you’ll be doing
This role will work as part of the Mater Education team to support education programs and services that meet the needs of Mater Private Hospital Bundaberg.
Other responsibilities will include:
- supporting with implementing strategic and operational plans for Mater Education’s clinical education and translational simulation programs
- coordination and delivery of education programs and translational simulation activities
- coordination of program review, design and development with input into strategic and operational activities associated to program delivery
To be considered for this role, you will meet the following criteria:
- TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (or demonstrated equivalence)
- Master Degree in Education or working towards
- Post Graduate qualifications in health speciality
- Demonstrated high level competence with Microsoft word, Excel, Microsoft Access, and PowerPoint
- The ability to work outside of standard hours if/when required
- Offsite delivery of activities including within the local area, and state-wide if required
Why join us?
In return for your skills you will work with a passionate and driven team that provides high quality patient care. Work hours are flexible in accordance with operational requirements. We are a family friendly employer and consider the needs of our employees. Additional benefits include:
- Competitive remuneration packages
- Salary packaging
- Employee Assistance program
- Corporate Health Fund Premium Discounts
- Health and Wellbeing programs and initiatives
- Work/life balance, variety, and flexibility
- Potential for negotiated relocation assistance
Take your career to the next level by experiencing working in our not-for-profit, values-driven hospital, with a deep connection to our local and regional community. Join our growing team as we build the future of Mater.
For more information please contact Toni-Maree Henaway, Director of Clinical Education, on 07 3163 7099
*Please note we will be reviewing and contacting applicants as they come in, so please ensure you submit your application as soon as possible.