Trade Group Manager Buildings & Fire
Job no: 494908
Work type: Permanent
Location: South Brisbane
Categories: Trades and Services
About the Role
Mater Engineering and Maintenance department currently have an exciting opportunity for a Manager of Building and Fire, Reporting to the Building and Services Manager you will be based at the South Brisbane campus.
In this pivotal role you will manage all architectural, building and grounds related repairs and maintenance activities including carpentry, painting, handyman and passive fire infrastructure.
You will maintain a preventative maintenance regime for equipment ensuring they are maintained in accordance with statutory requirements and legislation. You will also ensure the department remains focussed on its client’s requirements and its financial responsibilities and provide services within a framework of quality improvement and statutory and regulatory standards.
Salary: $53.81 (Maintenance Services Level 7 Tier 2) per hour plus superannuation
What you’ll be doing
- Manage Mater’s Passive Fire technicians ensuring all fire penetration work meets Australian Standards.
- Manage Mater’s door lock and keying system.
- Manage the allocation of work and workflow within the area including in-house staff and contractors. Prioritise workloads and the annual testing of equipment to ensure that all work is carried out in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Manage and supervise small projects as required.
- Utilise asset reporting and performance statistics to ensure work is conducted to meet relevant KPIs and address performance gaps as needed
- Ensure all staff comply with Mater’s Asset Management framework and associated procedures and work instructions by actively reviewing and vetting documentation and forms prior to submitting to regulators.
- Track and monitor statutory licensing requirements of staff to ensure staff maintain required licenses associated with their positions.
- Participate in the on-call roster as required to ensure provision of a 24-hour maintenance service.
- Previous experience in Health care experience desirable but not essential
- Leadership experience in a technical complex maintenance environment with technically diverse teams.
- Demonstrated facilities management troubleshooting experience
- Demonstrated contractor management experience
- Excellent relationship building skills, high level communication and influencing skills
- Strong project management and organisational skills
- The ability to adapt to diverse environments and manage multiple priorities
Why Join us
In return for your skills you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education and Research and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients.
In addition to being part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy, pioneers in the provision of healthcare to Queensland for over 100 years, you will have opportunities to increase your take-home pay with our salary packaging options.
For further information specific to the position, please contact Justine Heynen, Building Services Manager, on 07 3163 7624
Applications close on 28 October 2021
**Mater is progressing towards mandatory COVID-19 vaccination as a conditional requirement of employment for all staff.
It is a requirement of this role that you are and remain fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by 31 October 2021. Please note proof of vaccination (MyGov Medicare Vaccination Certificate or Medical Certificate) will be required as a pre commencement requirement
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend