Clinical Nurse - DPU & Endoscopy
Job no: 495305
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Clinical nursing
About the role
Mater Hospital Redlands is seeking an experienced Clinical Nurse to join them on a permanent part-time basis, 32 hours a week, within the Day procedure & Endoscopy unit.
Salary range: $48.66 - $52.13 (Registered Nurse Level 2) per hour plus superannuation
What you’ll be doing
Our Clinical Nurses provide additional leadership and advanced clinical competency to our Nursing Team, using their extensive experience to provide mentorship and a guiding aspect to assist in the professional growth of less-experienced nursing team members. The Clinical Nurse supports the Nurse Manager in activities designed to aid the sustainability of the Clinical Stream and assist with skill development.
Whilst displaying the highest level of clinical standards for the unit you will be responsible for:
- Achieving optimal patient outcomes throughout the patient journey and continuum of care
- Demonstrating advanced clinical expertise and knowledge of procedures and the management of patients seeking outstanding care
- Supporting the Nurse Unit Manager in implementing strategies to ensure that quality and risk management are integrated into service provision
- Maintaining current knowledge and skills to ensure continued professional growth
You will be driven by a challenging yet rewarding environment where you can bring your energy and experience to this dynamic ward.
In order to be successful in this position, you will have:
- Current AHPRA nursing registration as a Registered Nurse (no restrictions)
- A minimum of three years clinical experience in the Endoscopy & Day procedure setting
- A high level of understanding of endoscopy roles including assisting the procedurals' and reprocessing endoscopes
- Knowledge of GENCA guidelines and Australian Standard 4187 (AS4187)
- A strong work ethic, positive attitude and willingness to role model and promote the Mater values
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to liaise with a variety of different stakeholders both internally and externally at various levels
- Demonstrated ability to operate both in a team environment and autonomously using initiative, sound reasoning and strong listening, negotiation and decision making skills
- Strong attention to detail and organisational skills
- Commitment to ensuring the levels of service is always delivered to patients at all times
Why join us?
In return for your skills, effort and enthusiastic commitment you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education and Research and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients, consumers and community.
Mater provides benefits not offered in other workplaces. In addition to being part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy, you will have opportunities to increase your take-home pay with our salary packaging options.
Closing date for applications is Sunday 30th of January 2022
**It is now a mandatory requirement of employment at the Mater that you are and remain fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please note proof of vaccination (MyGov Medicare Vaccination Certificate or Medical Certificate) will be required as a pre-commencement document.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend