Administration Officer - Front Reception
Job no: 497969
Work type: Permanent
Location: South Brisbane
The Mater Health Administration Services team have an opportunity available for an experienced Administration Officer for a permanent full-time role.
The successful candidate will need to be available for shifts Monday to Sunday. Predominately afternoon shifts 1500 - 1900, and weekend shift between the hours of 0900 - 1300. Availability to pick up extra shifts would be an advantage.
Salary range: $27.17 - $31.54 (MCA2) per hour plus superannuation and salary packaging
What you’ll be doing
This position will involve but not limited to:
- Providing Exceptional Customer Service to patients and clients
- Front reception role in Outpatients.
- Processing patient transfers and discharges and the preparation of clinical forms
- Providing administrative support to clinical staff
- Maintain a high level of discretion and confidentiality, complying with administration, and financial policy and procedures, maintaining accurate, current, and accessible files, including maintenance of patient records for discharge
- Provide administrative assistance to other senior staff and others as requested
- Exercise judgement where necessary to solve immediate problems in situations where precedents have not been set and procedures not defined
- Arrival and departing of patients
To be successful in this role, you will demonstrate:
- Experience in providing medical administration support would be an advantage
- The ability to utilise time management and organisational skills
- Accurate data entry
- Strong computer skills including competence in using Patient Administration systems (or the ability to quickly learn new systems)
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to organise and prioritise work effectively within a busy, fast-paced, demanding environment
- Ability to be available for shifts across a 7-day roster.
Why join us?
Mater is Queensland’s largest and most innovative not-for-profit healthcare service, providing care for almost 700,000 patients a year across a network of 11 hospitals.
We are a leader in healthcare, education and research — and that’s because we employ exceptional people.
- Via salary packaging arrangements allocate some living expenses directly from your pre-taxable income and ultimately increasing take-home pay
- Access to package meal and entertainment expenses
- Access to leading education via Mater Education
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program and on-site pastoral care teams
- Discounts to local and national business and venues for Dining/Retail/Travel & Accommodation and Other
- Access to on-site, discounted parking
- Discounted food and beverage at various campus cafés and coffee venues
Please Note: We will not require any support from Recruitment Agencies at this time and kindly request no contact is made. Only direct applications will be considered.
It is now a mandatory requirement of employment at the Mater that you are and remain fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Applications will close for this role on Friday 31st March 2023.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend