About the role
An exciting and rewarding opportunity for a highly experienced, passionate and motivated Senior Clinical Psychologist, Perinatal to join the Mater Mother’s Hospital team in South Brisbane has become available. The position is being offered on a permanent full time basis.
You will provide high level clinical psychology service in the areas of clinical, education and research with a particular focus on perinatal services with Mater Health and Wellness Clinic and Mater Mothers’ Hospitals, but also in other areas of Mater Health as required.
This role includes responsibility for the role of Psychology Clinical Educator, which includes supervision and development of students on placement, registrars, psychologists, and overseeing Psychology placements across Mater Health. The role will also line manage a small team of Psychologists working across Mater Mothers Hospitals and the Parenting Support Centre.
Salary range: $53.85 - $57.92 (HP4) per hour plus superannuation
What you'll be doing
The role of a Senior Clinical Psychologist is to deliver high level of psychological clinical services as a member of multidisciplinary teams including: Mater Health and Wellness Clinic, Mater Mothers’ Hospital, Mater Mothers’ Private Hospital, and other caseloads within Mater Health.
The role involves but is not limited to:
- Delivery of both complex and routine individual psychological assessments, intervention, and management with referrals from outpatient clinics
- Risk assessments & higher acuity assessments in the inpatient ward
- Work as an advisory resource within the work unit, across the broader organisation and with any stakeholders promoting a holistic approach which ensure optimal psychological wellbeing
- Group work and service planning for therapy programs
- Identify, develop, and implement quality improvement projects, procedures and protocols
- Initiate and/or actively participate in clinical research
- Psychology clinical education includes the provision of efficient and quality placements to psychology students and the clinical education and training to psychologists, e.g. clinical psychology registrars
- Line management responsibilities for a small team of psychologists
- A significant portion of the clinical work will be dedicated to the Mater Health and Wellness Clinic, including the promotion of private psychology service within the perinatal population.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- General Psychology Registration via the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Psychology Board of Australia Area of Practice Endorsement in Clinical Psychology
- Eligibility for accreditation as a Board Approved Supervisor with the Psychology Board of Australia
- Demonstrated experience and ability to provide a high level of skilled clinical assessment and interventions consistent with Psychology Board of Australia Area of Practice Endorsement competencies in Clinical Psychology
- Proven experience and ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team, establish priorities, exercise initiative and deliver outputs within agreed timeframes
- Participate in own supervision and provide appropriate clinical practice supervision and professional development for HP3 and post-graduate provisional psychologists and other health professionals
- Demonstrated commitment to work, health and safety and positive patient experience
- Demonstrated experience and commitment to professional development and quality improvement and /or research in psychology
- Demonstrated clinical experience in delivery of services to perinatal patients
- Demonstrated experience and commitment to delivery of clinical education
Why join us?
In return for your skills, effort and enthusiastic commitment you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education and Research and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients, consumers and community.
Mater provides benefits not offered in other workplaces. In addition to being part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy, you will have opportunities to increase your take-home pay with our salary packaging options.
Closing date for applications is Wednesday 12 August 2020
For further information, please contact Amy Chiu, Team Leader Psychology on 07 3163 8031.
Applications will be reviewed as submitted. In addition to a current CV, please provide a cover letter (1-2 pages) on how your experience, abilities, knowledge and personal qualities would make you a suitable candidate for this position.