Nurse Unit Manager - Mater Kidney Health Service
Job no: 493517
Work type: Permanent
Location: South Brisbane
About the role
The Mater Kidney Health Service has an exciting opportunity for a Nurse Unit Manager to join the team on a permanent part-time basis (0.8 FTE).
The Mater Kidney Health Service in South Brisbane offers specialist care to patients 16 years and over living with kidney disease. We are a tertiary level kidney service (level 5 clinical framework), providing inpatient and outpatient hospital-based care, and dialysis.
What you’ll be doing
The Nurse Unit Manager has professional and operational responsibility for leading the Nursing team within the Mater Kidney Health Service to provide safe, quality care and optimal patient outcomes through effective business management, service development to provide contemporary, innovative and patient centred models of Nephrology nursing care.
Other duties and responsibilities include:
- Caring for and leading a team of professionals
- Communication and coordination of patient care
- Engagement with stakeholders in other departments to ensure the highest quality patient care, that services are efficient, that patient safety is optimized, and to resolve barriers to patient flow.
- Team management, including performance management and compliance with Human Resources processes
- Delivery of work against relevant timeframes
Find out more about the role in the attached role description here: PD_NUM - Mater Kidney Health Service.pdf
To be considered for this position, you must have:
- Minimum 5 years’ clinical experience in renal nursing
- Demonstrated leadership skills and experience within a clinical setting
- Current AHPRA nursing registration as a Registered Nurse (no restrictions)
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships with a variety of stakeholders including other departments within Mater, the wider Mater network of hospitals across QLD and other hospitals within QLD
- High level of communication skills within a multidisciplinary environment
- Understanding of cost centre management and budgetary restrictions/constraints
- Willingness to role model and promote the Mater values
Postgraduate qualifications within the areas of Nephrology Nursing, Health Administration or Clinical Leadership and Management would be advantageous.
Why join us?
In return for your skills, effort and enthusiastic commitment you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education and Research and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients, consumers and community.
Mater provides benefits not offered in other workplaces. In addition to being part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy, you will have opportunities to increase your take-home pay with our salary packaging options.
Closing date for applications is Sunday 24 January 2021.
For further information, please contact Alison Broadbent, Director Clinical Services and Health Integration on (07) 3163 8602.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend