Research Officer – Maternal & Fetal Medicine
Job no: 494000
Work type: Fixed Term
Location: South Brisbane
Mater Research is a world-class facility conducting fundamental and translational research aimed at improving health care. The Institute attracts scientists and collaborators from around the world to work on leading research projects, which have already led to discoveries and world-first innovations in health care.
Mater Research is currently seeking a motivated Research Officer in a full-time capacity for an initial 12-month term, to join the Genesis Fetal Medicine Group working with Prof Sailesh Kumar. The successful candidate will assist with the coordination and lead recruitment for all clinical studies, manage the group’s clinical bio-bank, prepare HREC and governance applications and assist with grant applications.
The Research Officer’s role encompasses the following duties:
- Coordinating and leading recruitment for all clinical studies
- Managing the group’s clinical biobank
- Preparing HREC and Research Governance applications
- Participating in the design, execution and control of research studies
- Coordinating the processing and analysis of data and laboratory tests
- Coordinating the conduct of experimental tests and procedures
- Developing new research methodologies
- Analysing literature relevant to research area
- Assisting in the publication of research papers for publication and presentation at conferences and workshops, and in the writing of research grant applications, ethics and compliance documents
- Working with colleagues and postgraduates in the development of joint research projects
- Organising data for the preparation of proposals for new funding
- Supervising junior staff and students and contribution to the smooth running of the group.
The qualifications and experience that will faciliate your success in the role are:
- PhD in a related field of Science
- Professional qualification in ether Nursing or Midwifery would be highly desirable
- Clinical trials experience and experience in recruitment for clinical studies
- Research grant writing experience and experience in industry pharma studies would be highly desirable
- Laboratory skills in molecular biology and bioassays
- Knowledge of Good Clinical Practice requirements
- Excellent communication skills and a track record of high quality research publications
- Knowledge of research environment and demonstrated research skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team, and to independently establish work priorities, to set realistic goals and to meet deadlines.
You will join a highly motivated and collaborative team of professionals in a pleasant working environment at the state-of-the art Translational Research Institute in Woolloongabba, Brisbane. You will be rewarded with a salary including competitive superannuation and salary sacrificing.
Research project specific enquiries should be made to Prof Sailesh Kumar firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should include a cover letter with details of skills, curriculum vitae, academic transcripts and the contact details of two professional referees.
Salary- $81,876 p.a. + super + salary sacrificing
Contract duration- 12 months
Closing Date for applications- COB 10 May 2021
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend