Job no: 494886
Work type: Casual
Location: South Brisbane
Categories: Registered Nurse/Midwife
Mater is currently looking for Registered Nurses and Midwives to join our team on a casual basis. Availability and flexibility are of great importance to these casual roles.
Salary: $37.23 - $47.84 (Registered Nurse Level 1) per hour plus superannuation
What you’ll be doing
Whilst displaying the highest level of clinical standards for the unit you will be responsible for:
- Achieving optimal patient outcomes throughout the patient journey and continuum of care
- Demonstrating exceptional clinical expertise and knowledge of procedures and the management of patients seeking outstanding care
- Implementing strategies to ensure that quality and risk management are integrated into service provision
- Working collaboratively with the nursing/midwifery team to provide exceptional care every time
- Maintaining current knowledge and skills to ensure continued professional growth
To be considered suitable for these casual Registered Nurse and Registered Midwife positions you will be:
- Current AHPRA registration (without restriction)
- Minimum 12 months post graduate nursing experience
- Flexibility to perform in various wards, adaptability to seamlessly integrate in to different teams and work with different Managers
- Consistent availability to complete shifts at short notice
- Commitment to excellence in nursing/midwifery practice and professional development
- Demonstrated ability to work well within a multidisciplinary team
- Basic computer skills and proven ability to use health information systems
Why join us?
In return for your skills, effort and enthusiastic commitment you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of health, education and research and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients, consumers and community.
Mater provides benefits not offered in other workplaces. In addition to being part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy, you will have opportunities to increase your take-home pay with our salary packaging options.
Emailed applications will NOT be accepted as all applicants need to complete the online application form.
*Please note, your application is not for an immediate role, rather for when suitable positions arise. To apply for our Central Nursing Office, please visit the Mater Careers website.
**Please note, we will be reviewing your application and when active vacancies become available we will contact you to advise on next steps in the process.
**It is now a mandatory requirement of employment at the Mater that you are and remain fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend