Nurse Unit Manager - Central Sterilisation Department
Job no: 496226
Work type: Permanent
Location: South Brisbane
A unique and exciting opportunity has become available at Mater Private Hospital Brisbane for an experienced full-time Nurse Unit Manager, with extensive experience in a leadership role within a Central Sterilisation Department setting.
The Nurse Unit Manager is responsible in providing exceptional clinical and professional leadership to the team of CSSD Specialist, and drive patient centered outcomes and innovation across the department.
Salary Range $64.10 - $68.94 (Nurse Manager) plus superannuation and salary packaging
What you’ll be doing
As the leader of this team, you will provide exceptional management and be responsible for the clinical, resource management, education, research and material accountabilities within this area. Additionally, in conjunction with the medical leadership of the service, you will ensure the provision of best practice, quality and safety aspects of patient care.
Other duties and responsibilities include:
- Caring for and leading a team of professionals
- Communication and coordination of patient care
- Engagement with stakeholders in other departments to ensure the highest quality patient care, that services are efficient, that patient safety is optimized, and to resolve barriers to patient flow.
- Team management, including performance management and compliance with Human Resources processes
- Delivery of work against relevant timeframes
As an experienced leader you will drive innovation in your field; using evidence-based research to suggest new ways of doing things and take a positive and adaptive approach to embedding change.
Your broad understanding of the health sector and your ability to work collaboratively provides you with a foundation to grow your business in line with the strategic vision of the organisation.
Other skills and responsibilities include:
- Extensive experience in Central Sterilising /Perioperative environments with sound clinical expertise
- Certificate III or Certificate IV in Sterilisation required
- Knowledge of AS4187 process and change management
- Current AHPRA Nursing registration and Advanced Life Support certification
- Ability to demonstrate strong capability in leading both the clinical and commercial aspects of a tertiary service
- High-level communication skills within a multidisciplinary environment
- Demonstrated competence in cost centre management
- Willingness to role model and promote the Mater values
Why join us?
Joining a 10,000+ strong workforce, you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education, Research and Foundation and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients, consumers and community. You will be a part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy.
- Via salary packaging arrangements allocate some living expenses directly from your pre-taxable income and ultimately increasing take-home pay
- Access to package meal and entertainment expenses
- Access to leading education via Mater Education
- Flexible working arrangements, including work from home options were suitable
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program and on-site pastoral care teams
- Discounts to local and national business and venues for Dining/Retail/Travel & Accommodation and Other
- Access to on-site, discounted parking
- Discounted food and beverage at various campus cafés and coffee venues
Close of Applications are Friday 8th of July 2022
**It is now a mandatory requirement of employment at the Mater that you are and remain fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please note proof of vaccination (MyGov Medicare Vaccination Certificate or Medical Certificate) will be required as a pre-commencement document.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend