Job no: 496461
Work type: Permanent
Location: South Brisbane
Categories: Catering/Food Services
About the role
Mater Food Services team are currently searching for a Cook to join their busy team. We have roles available on both a permanent part-time and permanent full-time basis. Reporting to the Kitchen Supervisor, this important role will see you providing high volume meals for our patients and staff as a part of a very busy environment and a member of a supportive team.
Mater has been providing compassionate Health Care services for more than 100 years. Now comprising a group of world class private hospitals (including three hospitals which offer public health services) Mater provides care to some 500 000 people each year.
Salary range: $28.95 - $30.24 (Operational Officer Level 3) per hour plus super + salary packaging up to $15,900
What you’ll be doing
Your duties will include:
- Cooking, storing and disposing of food according to trade policy guidelines
- Following policies and procedures as set by the department
- Ensuring all Food Safety and Hygiene standards are adhered to
- Serving patient meals from an a la carte kitchen
- Assisting with efficient production of food for all clients in a timely manner
- Assisting the Supervisor in stock rotation and ordering
- Serving at Private functions if required
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- Certificate III in Commercial Cookery or above (essential)
- Hotel/Restaurant background will be highly advantageous
- Experience in a la carte service mode
- Demonstrated experience cooking in a Cook-serve, fresh food production system
- Successful completion of accredited Food Hygiene Course
- Strong knowledge of HACCP
- Knowledge of the cook-chill production system will be highly advantageous
- Ability to work well as a member of a team and also independently
- Strong written and oral communication, literacy and numeracy skills
- Ability to act independently, display initiative, be organised and have an enthusiastic and professional attitude and commitment to work
Why join us?
Joining a 10,000+ strong workforce, you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education, Research and Foundation, and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients, consumers and community. You will be a part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy.
- Via salary packaging arrangements allocate some living expenses directly from your pre-taxable income and ultimately increasing take-home pay
- Access to package meal and entertainment expenses
- Access to leading education via Mater Education
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program and on-site pastoral care teams
- Discounts to local and national business and venues for Dining/Retail/Travel & Accommodation and Other
- Access to on-site, discounted parking
- Discounted food and beverage at various campus cafés and coffee venues
Closing date for applications is Friday 7 October 2022.
Please note it is now a mandatory requirement of employment at the Mater to be and to remain fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend