Sonographer - Mater Centre for Maternal Fetal Medicine - Mater Mothers Hospital
Job no: 496667
Work type: Fixed Term
Location: South Brisbane
Categories: Medical Officers, All other
We are seeking an experienced full-time qualified Sonographer for a 12 month maternity leave locum in the Mater Centre for Maternal Fetal Medicine at the Mater Mothers Hospital, Brisbane, Queensland.
Renowned as a leading specialist maternity hospital, the Mater Centre for Maternal Fetal Medicine provides a comprehensive range of obstetric ultrasound services and acts as a tertiary referral centre for Queensland and northern NSW for complex cases and fetal therapy.
Salary range: $55.48-$59.67 (HP4) per hour + super + salary packaging + discounted parking
What you’ll be doing
As a Mater professional, you will be responsible for performing diagnostic O&G ultrasound examinations with the utmost professionalism and accuracy, and completing a comprehensive examination for each patient in a timely manner as required. The role also involves teaching ultrasound skills to new staff and medical officers as required.
To be eligible for this position you must possess:
- ASAR accredited post graduate qualification in medical ultrasound
- Accreditation with ASAR as a Medical Sonographer
- Experience in obstetrical and gynaecological ultrasound examinations
- Demonstrated effective communication, initiative and clinical problem solving skills to maximise patient care
- Ability to work as a member of a multi-disciplinary health care team
- Clinical teaching skills as required within the role
Joining a 10,000+ strong workforce, you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education, Research and Foundation and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients, consumers and community. You will be a part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy.
- Via salary packaging arrangements allocate some living expenses directly from your pre-taxable income and ultimately increasing take-home pay
- Access to package meal and entertainment expenses
- Access to leading education via Mater Education
- Flexible working arrangements, including work from home options where suitable
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program and on-site pastoral care teams
- Discounts to local and national business and venues for Dining/Retail/Travel & Accommodation and Other
- Access to on-site, discounted parking
- Discounted food and beverage at various campus cafés and coffee venues
Applications close Friday 14 October 2022.
Further information and role description please contact Alison Lee-Tannock, Chief Sonographer on 07 3163 6765 or Alison.Lee-Tannock@mater.org.au
**Please note it is now a mandatory requirement of employment at the Mater that you are and remain fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend