Job no: 497264
Work type: Permanent
Location: South Brisbane
Categories: Clinical nursing
About the role
Mater Mothers’ Hospital Brisbane is looking for a Clinical Midwife to join us in the Mater Mothers Ambulatory Services. This is a full-time, 4-month fixed term position.
This role provides leadership and advanced clinical competency to the Midwifery Team in the antenatal clinic and postnatal homecare visiting service.
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of a highly skilled and professional multi-disciplinary team, utilising your enthusiasm and passion for the delivery of evidence based best practice models of care within a supportive and professional environment.
Salary range: $49.88 - $53.43 (RN2) per hour plus superannuation and salary packaging
What you’ll be doing
There has never been a better time to be involved at a senior midwife level within our dedicated team and have the opportunity to utilise and expand your skills providing care for women in the following areas:
- Evidence based midwifery practice
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Working in partnership with women and the multidisciplinary team.
- Supporting the Midwifery Unit Manager in service development and strategies to ensure quality and safety processes are integrated into service provision
- Providing clinical guidance and leadership to members of the team
You need to be an enthusiastic and motivated midwife who is passionate about delivering exceptional care. We are looking for someone who has a clear understanding of evidence-based midwifery practice and can bring energy and experience to the Midwifery Team.
The successful candidate will have:
- Current registration with AHPRA with Midwifery endorsement
- Advanced clinical competency and experience within a midwifery clinical environment
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and clinical problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated commitment to continued quality improvement and best practice principles.
- Evidence of continuing educational and professional development
- Demonstrated ability to role model the Mater mission and values
The ideal applicant will possess an enthusiastic and mature attitude, demonstrate the ability to work in a team environment and understand the Mater Mission and values and an ability to promote its application within the Maternity Unit environment.
Why join us?
Mater is Queensland’s largest and most innovative not-for-profit healthcare service, providing care for almost 700,000 patients a year across a network of 11 hospitals.
We are a leader in healthcare, education and research — and that’s because we employ exceptional people.
- Via salary packaging arrangements allocate some living expenses directly from your pre-taxable income and ultimately increasing take-home pay
- Access to package meal and entertainment expenses
- Access to leading education via Mater Education
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program and on-site pastoral care teams
- Discounts to local and national business and venues for Dining/Retail/Travel & Accommodation and Other
- Access to on-site, discounted parking
- Discounted food and beverage at various campus cafés and coffee venues
Applications close on Thursday 8th of December 2022.
Please note, we will contact applications prior to the closing date, please do not hesitate to APPLY NOW!
For further information specific to the role please contact Jane Pratt, Midwifery Unit Manager on 07 3163 8823
It is now a mandatory requirement of employment at the Mater that you are and remain fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend