Clinical Nurse - Quality & Safety - Anaesthetics & PACU
Job no: 498325
Work type: Permanent
Location: South Brisbane
Categories: Clinical Nursing/Midwifery
Mater Hospital Brisbane Perioperative Department has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Registered Nurse to take the next step in their career as a Clinical Nurse - Quality & Safety (Anaesthetics & PACU) This role will be offered on a full time, permanent basis. Flexibility is required as you will be expected to fulfil all components of a rotating roster including weekends, night duty and on- call.
Salary range: $49.88 - $53.43 (RN Level 2) per hour plus superannuation & salary packaging
What you’ll be doing
Our Perioperative Clinical Nurses provide additional leadership and advanced clinical competency to our Nursing Team. You will use your extensive experience to provide a mentorship and guiding aspect to assist in the professional growth of less-experienced nursing team members, supporting the Nurse Manager in activities designed to aid the sustainability of the Clinical Stream and assist with skill development.
You will be driven by a challenging yet rewarding environment where you can bring your energy and experience to this dynamic area.
- Current AHPRA registration as a Registered Nurse (no restrictions)
- Extensive experience in Anaesthetic and Recovery Nursing
- Strong knowledge of ACORN & NSQHS Standards
- Experience initiating and leading quality & safety projects
- Strong attention to detail and organisational skills
- Experience with conducting and interpreting audit data and implementing actions
- Knowledge of key change management principals
- A strong work ethic, positive attitude and willingness to role model and promote the Mater values
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to liaise with a variety of different stakeholders both internally and externally at various levels
- Demonstrated ability to operate both in a team environment and autonomously using initiative, sound reasoning and strong listening, negotiation and decision-making skills
Why join us?
Mater is Queensland’s largest and most innovative not-for-profit healthcare service, providing care for almost 700,000 patients a year across a network of 11 hospitals.
We are a leader in healthcare, education and research — and that’s because we employ exceptional people. #MAKEYOURMATERMOVE
- Via salary packaging arrangements, allocate some living expenses directly from your pre-taxable income and ultimately increase your take-home pay
- Access to package meal and entertainment expenses via salary packaging
- Access to leading education and professional development via Mater Education
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program and on-site pastoral care teams
- Discounts to local and national business/venues for Dining/Retail/Travel & Accommodation/Other
- Access to on-site, discounted parking
- Discounted food and beverage at various campus cafés and coffee venues
Applications close on Sunday 11th of June 2023. Please note, we may contact applications prior to the closing date, please do not hesitate to APPLY NOW!
Please Note: We will not require any support from Recruitment Agencies at this time and kindly request no contact is made. Only direct applications will be considered.
It is now a mandatory requirement of employment at the Mater that you are and remain fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend