Senior Medical Officer - Medical Oncology
Job no: 498433
Work type: Fixed Term
Location: South Brisbane
Categories: Medical Officers
About the role
Mater Cancer Care Brisbane is currently seeking applications for a Staff Specialist in Medical Oncology. This position will be offered as part time (2 days per week) on a maximum-term contract from 24th July 2023 to 01st September 2024 to cover maternity leave. There may be opportunity to do extra leave cover.
Mater Cancer Care aims to offer all patients, regardless of their level of health insurance cover, access to a modern state-of-the-art facility that provides individualized comprehensive and compassionate care.
The Mater Cancer Care Centre (MCCC) includes specialist suites, consultation rooms, cancer care treatment pods, palliative care, support programs and a specialised pharmacy. The layout of the centre will enable a holistic approach to cancer care all from the one convenient location offering 40 treatment pods, consultation rooms, wellness lounge and Mater Pharmacy.
Salary range: Commensurate with experience
What you’ll be doing
Your responsibilities will include:
- Clinical consultancy for Medical Oncology services within the Mater Hospital Brisbane & Springfield
- Clinical consultancy as required, for Mater regional sites
- Be part of the on-call roster if required, conducting regular inpatient ward rounds which incorporate teaching as well as direction and monitoring of patient care
- Supervise and teach trainee registrars in the outpatient clinic where required
- Conduct teaching sessions with undergraduate and postgraduate students and for others as necessary
- Provide adequate recording of consultations, and provide specialist opinion to referring medical practitioners
- Work in coordination with Director of Medical Oncology
Suitable applicants will require:
- A collaborative and engaging approach to team work
- Positive interpersonal and communication skills
- A commitment to patient safety and quality improvement
- Effective and demonstrated clinical problem solving skills to maximize patient care within the multidisciplinary team
- Medical degree registered with the Medical Board of Queensland.
- Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians (FRACP) or equivalent.
- Registered as a Medical Oncologist with Medical Board of Queensland.
- Commitment to the Mater Mission and Values
Why join us?
Mater is Queensland’s largest and most innovative not-for-profit healthcare service, providing care for almost 700,000 patients a year across a network of 11 hospitals.
We are a leader in healthcare, education and research — and that’s because we employ exceptional people. #MAKEYOURMATERMOVE
- Via salary packaging arrangements allocate some living expenses directly from your pre-taxable income and ultimately increasing take-home pay
- Access to package meal and entertainment expenses
- Access to leading education via Mater Education
- Flexible working arrangements, including work from home options where suitable
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program and on-site pastoral care teams
- Discounts to local and national business and venues for Dining/Retail/Travel & Accommodation and Other
- Access to on-site, discounted parking
- Discounted food and beverage at various campus cafés and coffee venues
For more information specific to the role, please contact Dr Vikram Jain, Director of Oncology on 07 3163 6166.
Closing date for applications is 11 June 2023.
Please note we will be reviewing and contacting applicants prior to closing date so please ensure you submit your application as soon as possible.
It is now a mandatory requirement of employment at the Mater that you are and remain fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend