Clinical Nurse - Mater Springfield
Job no: 492709
Work type: Permanent
Location: Mater Hospital Springfield
Categories: Clinical nursing
About the role
Mater Private Hospital Springfield is seeking a highly skilled and experienced Clinical Nurse to join the Medical/Rehabilitation Inpatient Ward on a permanent full-time basis.
Mater Private Hospital Springfield (MPHS) is a contemporary and innovative facility incorporating the latest digital technologies, providing community wellness initiatives and patient and family centered models of care. The hospital is an 80-bed hospital which provides a range of medical and surgical services as well as a combination of Perioperative and day beds, and a day oncology unit within a dedicated cancer care centre.
Salary range: $46.32 - $49.62 (Registered Nurse Level 2) per hour plus superannuation
What you’ll be doing
Our Clinical Nurses provide additional leadership and advanced clinical competency to our Nursing Team at the Springfield campus. You will use your extensive experience to provide a mentorship and guiding aspect to assist in the professional growth of less-experienced nursing team members, supporting the Nurse Manager in activities designed to aid the sustainability of the Clinical Stream and assist with skill development.
Whilst displaying the highest level of clinical standards for the unit you will be responsible for:
- Achieving optimal patient outcomes throughout the patient journey and continuum of care
- Demonstrating advanced clinical expertise and knowledge of procedures and the management of patients seeking outstanding care
- Supporting the Nurse Unit Manager in implementing strategies to ensure that quality and risk management are integrated into service provision
- Maintaining current knowledge and skills to ensure continued professional growth
You will be driven by a challenging yet rewarding environment where you can bring your energy and experience to this dynamic ward.
- Current AHPRA nursing registration
- Extensive experience within a medical or surgical ward setting
- A strong work ethic, positive attitude and willingness to role model and promote the Mater values
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to liaise with a variety of different stakeholders both internally and externally at various levels
- Demonstrated ability to operate both in a team environment and autonomously using initiative, sound reasoning and strong listening, negotiation and decision making skills
- Strong attention to detail and organisational skills
- Commitment to ensuring the levels of service is always delivered to patients at all times.
Why join us?
In return for your skills, effort and enthusiastic commitment you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education and Research and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients, consumers and community.
Mater provides benefits not offered in other workplaces. In addition to being part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy, you will have opportunities to increase your take-home pay with our salary packaging options.
Closing date for applications is Sunday 29 March 2020
For further information, please contact Joe Gabriel, Nurse Unit Manager IPU on 07 3163 5445.
*Please note we will be reviewing and contacting applicants prior to closing date so please ensure you submit your application as soon as possible.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend