Due to the restructure of our Clinical Services team, we have an exciting opportunity for a highly skilled and experienced Pharmacist to join our team in a full-time, permanent position as Pharmacist Team Leader, for public and private hospital inpatients including paediatrics, adolescent health and general adult surgical and medical wards.
Mater Health Services comprises a unique collection of two public and four private hospitals caring for over 500,000 patients each year. Our South Brisbane campus contains the Mater Public Hospital, Mater Private Hospital, Mater Children’s Private and Mater Mother’s Public and Private Hospital. Mater Pharmacy provides a clinical service to all inpatient areas so this represents a fantastic opportunity to make a positive contribution to the health and wellbeing of this community and to contribute to a strong, unified, inter-professional Clinical Services team at Mater.
About the role
As the Team Leader - Adult Services You will provide operational and professional management for a team of pharmacists and technicians. This is a full time, permanent position.
You will work closely with hospital staff to deliver a consistently high level of clinical pharmacy service, providing customers, patients, carers and other health professionals with support and information relating to medication and ensure the safe, effective and quality use of medicines to optimise patient outcomes.
What you'll be doing
Your leadership will ensure medication safety practices are upheld, support and information relating to medication is available and an accurate and efficient service is provided to specific areas.
This may include but is not limited to:
- rostering, coordinating workload allocation, assessment of staff performance, regular feedback, coaching and mentoring to encourage accountability and responsibility to enable career development and succession planning.
- in addition to this the role will involve some time working in clinical ward areas, including a share of the evening, public holiday and weekend shifts as well as provision of an on-call service on a rostered basis
As well as collaborating with other Pharmacist Team Leaders at South Brisbane and working closely with the technician Inpatient Team Leader you will have the opportunity to engage with other Mater Pharmacy teams including Inventory Management, the on-site Production Unit, Clinical Trials, Medicines Information, Community and Aged Care Services, Mater Pharmacy Redland and Springfield.
Mater Pharmacy is dedicated to the exceptional care and service of all our patients and customers. We provide a comprehensive pharmacy service and strive to maintain the highest level of professionalism in all our services.
Salary range: $53.85 - $57.92 per hour (Health Practitioner Level 4) plus superannuation
This is an ideal position for a passionate pharmacist with broad experience who is committed to sharing their clinical knowledge and applying leadership skills to ensure a consistently high standard of pharmacy service is provided. To be considered for this role you must have:
- Bachelor of Pharmacy
- APHRA registration to practice as a Pharmacist (without restrictions)
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Pharmacist
- Prior demonstrated experience in ward-based clinical pharmacy
- Previous experience in a leadership position will be highly regarded
- The flexibility to work all shifts, including evenings, weekends and public holidays
The successful applicant will also demonstrate the following:
- A professional attitude and high level of attention to detail
- High level communication skills with the ability to provide operational management to a small team and engage with key external stakeholders
- Be keen to suggest new and better ways of doing things and take a positive and adaptive approach to change
- Be excited by the opportunity to make a positive contribution to the health and wellbeing of the community
Why join us?
In return for your skills you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education and Research and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients.
In addition to being part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy, pioneers in the provision of healthcare to Queensland for over 100 years, you will have opportunities to increase your take-home pay with our salary packaging options.
Closing date for applications Sunday 12 July 2020.
For further information specific to the role, please contact Pharmacy Administration on 07 3163 8220.