Supervisor - Food Services
Job no: 496242
Work type: Permanent
Location: South Brisbane
Categories: Catering/Food Services
About the role
Mater currently has an opportunity for a Food Services Supervisor to work within our Dietetics and Food Services department on a permanent full-time basis.
This position is responsible for ensuring staff follow proper procedures and regulations related to the handling, preparation and serving of food; overseeing assigned personnel, providing information to others; overseeing patient customer services and assist in staff training and supervision. This role also requires a degree of physical fitness, as you will be on your feet all day, which may include lifting kitchen equipment and/or pushing heavy trolleys throughout the hospital.
Salary range: $32.31 - $35.43 (Operational Officer Level 4) per hour plus superannuation + salary packaging
What you’ll be doing
As a Food Service Supervisor, you will be involved in a variety of activities throughout the day, including but not limited to:
- Supervising the food services staff in their daily tasks ensuring compliance to Workplace Health and Safety, Food Services established policies and procedures, Quality Assurance and Infection Control issues and working towards achieving the KPI targets set by the department.
- Adhere and assist in the monitoring of compliance to all policies, procedures, guidelines and work instructions relevant to the kitchen team including Food Safety Plan. Manage all disciplinary and grievance issues within the department in consultation with Food Services – Team Leader
- Identifying training needs and capability gaps with the team
- Ensure high standards of patient services are maintained at all times with hands on approach performing regular visits, audits and training
- Adhere to all health, hygiene and safety guidelines and report any health and safety risks (including near misses) and equipment failures
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- A Certificate III in Hospitality or related discipline
- Demonstrated knowledge of workplace health and safety requirements
- Solid computer skills and ability to quickly learn industry-specific applications
- Moderate level of physical fitness to enable you to work on your feet all shift, pushing and controlling heavy trolleys on a regular and repetitive basis
Ideally, you will have:
- A Certificate IV Front Line Management or related discipline
- 3 years’ experience in a supervisory role
Why join us?
In return for your skills, effort and enthusiastic commitment you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education and Research and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients, consumers and community.
Mater provides benefits not offered in other workplaces. In addition to being part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy, you will have opportunities to increase your take-home pay with our salary packaging options, various staff discounts including discounted staff parking, free flu shots and access to the staff pool.
Applications close Thursday 30 June 2022
**It is now a mandatory requirement of employment at the Mater that you are and remain fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend