Senior Administration Officer - Bookings Officer
Job no: 498450
Work type: Permanent
Location: South Brisbane
About the role
Mater Private Hospital Brisbane’s Perioperative and Procedural Services Department has an exceptional opportunity for an experienced Senior Administration Officer as a Theatres Bookings and Scheduling Officer. This position will be permanent part time – 56 hours per fortnight.
Shift Hours discussed at interview.
The purpose of this position is to coordinate and provide administrative support for the Private Elective Surgery Services to maximise service delivery.
Salary range: $33.59 - $37.55 per hour plus superannuation and salary packaging
What you’ll be doing
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Manage, organize and provide confidential administrative support to the Surgical & Procedural Services Unit ensuring maximum utilization of private theatre sessions
- Assist in the preparation of waiting list reports, theatre schedules and other associated correspondence on a range of Surgical & Procedural Service issues
- Ensure effective, accurate and timely communications with staff and clients, communicating with sensitivity and discretion
- Assist with accurate data entry of using electronic systems
- Ensure support for other administration staff within Surgical & Procedural Services unit.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Proven experience working in a team within the Medical/Healthcare profession is desirable
- Previous experience with theatre bookings desirable
- The ability to balance conflicting demands within tight timeframes
- Demonstrated ability to operate both in a team environment and autonomously using initiative, sound reasoning and strong listening and decision-making skills
- Deliver a patient centric approach and have a passion for delivering an exceptional experience
- Possess excellent written, verbal and communication skills
- Display strong attention to detail, with the ability to analyse information to identify problems and develop appropriate solutions
- Further, you will demonstrate a commitment to providing exceptional customer service, the ability to prioritize workloads, reliability, flexibility, and a positive approach to your work
Why join us?
Mater is Queensland’s largest and most innovative not-for-profit healthcare service, providing care for almost 700,000 patients a year across a network of 11 hospitals.
We are a leader in healthcare, education and research — and that’s because we employ exceptional people. #MAKEYOURMATERMOVE
- Via salary packaging arrangements, allocate some living expenses directly from your pre-taxable income and ultimately increase your take-home pay
- Access to package meal and entertainment expenses via salary packaging
- Access to leading education and professional development via Mater Education
- Flexible working arrangements, including work from home options where suitable
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program and on-site pastoral care teams
- Discounts to local and national business/venues for Dining/Retail/Travel & Accommodation/Other
- Access to on-site, discounted parking
- Discounted food and beverage at various campus cafés and coffee venues
Applications close on Friday 9th June 2023. Please note, we may contact applications prior to the closing date, please do not hesitate to APPLY NOW!
Please Note: We will not require any support from Recruitment Agencies at this time and kindly request no contact is made. Only direct applications will be considered.
It is now a mandatory requirement of employment at the Mater that you are and remain fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend