Job no: 500049
Work type: Permanent
Location: South Brisbane
Categories: Catering/Food Services
Mater Food Services currently have a number and variety of positions available for Operational Officers – Room Service Representatives.
- Opportunities include
- Permanent Part Time ( primarily 4 hour shifts and 40 hours per fortnight across 10 days of said fortnight)
- Fixed Term Part Time (as per above)
All positions will work to a rotating roster across 7 days of the week, with shifts rostered to meet the operational requirements of the department which provides service from 05:30 to 19:30, Monday to Sunday.
The Operational Officer - Room Service Representative is the first point of contact between Patient and Food Services, responsible for all incoming meal service enquires and orders for patients.
Salary range: $29.59 - $32.09 (Operational Officer Level 2) per hour plus superannuation and salary packaging access up to $15,900
What you’ll be doing
The key responsibilities of this role will include (but not be limited to):
- Accurately take patients orders by means of Phone, ensure that patient name, room number, UR (MRN) number, time and delivery timings are clearly registered utilising the operating system (CBORD) in preparation for production and delivery
- Follow established phone courtesy standards and scripting and actively promote partner food and beverage for approved groups using selling techniques
- To be familiar with all menu offerings, diet variations and specifics of what may be ordered by patients based on their physician prescribed diet. Verifies meal eligibility by comparing client information to food requirements and escalates any inconsistencies or concerns to Nutrition & Dietetics and/or the direct Supervisor
- Informs patients by explaining procedures; answering questions; providing information and recording accurate and safe menu choices into the computer operating system (CBORD)
- Provides bed side ordering by visiting patients that are unable to call to place their meal orders
- Learns and uses appropriate food and drink terminology and pronunciation, to enhance the patients dining experience. Becomes familiar with menu descriptions and drink lists in order to discuss items appropriately with patients and or representatives
- Greets patients appropriately when receiving room service orders, as per Mater Standards
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit
- Responding quickly and positively to changing requirements whether within the department or outside in order to meet business demands
To be successful in this role, you will possess:
- Excellent customer service with the willingness to go above and beyond to exceed patient expectations.
- High level of communication skills including the ability to build rapport quickly with patients and work as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, problem solving and time management skills.
- A strong work ethic, positive attitude and willingness to role model and promote the Mater values.
This is an excellent opportunity to be a part of a high functioning, dynamic team who continue to deliver exceptional care to our patients every time.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend