Senior Application Specialist
Job no: 493881
Work type: Fixed Term
Location: South Brisbane
Categories: Information Technology
About the role
Mater Digital Technology and Information Division are seeking a Senior Applications Specialist to join the team on a full-time, 12 month fixed term contract.
The Senior Applications Specialist is a leadership role who works as part of the team responsible for providing expert advice and support of applications used across Mater Group. This role has expert content knowledge to ensure maintenance, support, problem solving and continuous improvement are managed in a timely and customer focused manner to meet business needs.
As a leader within the applications area, this role will coach and mentor team members at an operational level in the integrated operation of complex enterprise information systems.
Salary range: $58.22 - $62.48 per hour plus super (Corporate & Administration Services Level 7)
What you’ll be doing
Your responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Leads provision of professional, timely and effective application support services including the identification and resolution of complex DTID troubleshooting activities in Pathology IT domain.
- Manages and leads medium to large projects such as system upgrades, new configuration, system integration and business efficiency improvement initiatives.
- Determines and prioritises configuration changes/updates in consultation with users, management and key stakeholders.
- Manages and oversees outcomes of user acceptance testing routines and develops application requirements for test conditions and other business outcomes.
- Utilise the Information and Technology change management procedure for all system changes IT Problem Management (e.g. troubleshooting of recurring IT faults).
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Postgraduate qualifications in business management, information technology, leadership, organisational change or similar field.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in hospital specialty and/or minimum 2 years’ experience in Health Informatics.
- Ability to demonstrate understanding of ITIL principles, and basic applications management.
- Prior experience working on Pathology LIS application, especially Kestral LIS.
- Prior experience in IT project implementation or program coordination.
- Well-developed interpersonal, written and oral communication skills including the ability to negotiate, advise, influence others and work collaboratively with people including senior business and technical stakeholders to make decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to manage diverse activities and priorities across organisational boundaries to ensure that service delivery meets agreed service levels in a customer focused environment.
An ITIL Foundation 3 and/or Certified Health Informatician Australasia (CHIA) membership and credentials would be desirable but not essential.
Why join us?
In return for your skills, effort and enthusiastic commitment you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education and Research and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients, consumers and community.
Mater provides benefits not offered in other workplaces. In addition to being part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy, you will have opportunities to increase your take-home pay with our salary packaging options.
Closing date for applications is Tuesday 20 April 2021.
For further information, please contact Lyam Jones, Manager Application Support on 07 3163 8123.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend