Clinical Forms Officer
Job no: 494667
Work type: Fixed Term
Location: South Brisbane
Categories: Information Technology
About the role
Mater Group is currently seeking an experienced Clinical Forms Officer to join our Health Records Services team. This role is being offered as full-time on a 2 year fixed term contract.
The Clinical Forms Officer role applies specialist knowledge of clinical content, clinical forms design & management to the management, governance and improvement of clinical documentation as part of the Mater health record. This role will be responsible for the design, production, availability and management of all clinical forms across all Mater locations.
A Catholic not-for-profit ministry of Mercy Partners, Mater is guided by the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy who first established Mater in 1906 when they built the first Mater Private Hospital in Brisbane. This was the start of a tradition of care and compassion for the sick and needy that continues to inspire us today. Through our extensive network of hospitals, health centres and related businesses, a nationally accredited education provider and a world-class research institute, we're working together to meet the needs of the community and improve your health and wellbeing.
This represents an exciting career defining opportunity to join a market leader in healthcare and a proudly Queensland iconic organisation.
Salary range: $45.18 - $49.16 (MCA5) plus superannuation
What you’ll be doing
The Clinical Forms Officer is will undertake duties associated with clinical forms management including (but not limited to):
- Manage the clinical form application process, ensuring applications progress via a standardised process, are prioritised appropriately, meet customer needs for timeliness, have appropriate authorisation to progress, and that customer communication is maintained,
- Coordinate clinical form governance activities,
- Manage and utilise the Clinical Forms Database as the authoritative source of truth for all clinical form activities and artefacts,
- Manage the quality of all clinical forms, ensuring there is consistency in the capture and classification of clinical content across clinical forms, clinical forms are designed in accordance with relevant standards, and quality control such is proofing is in place,
- Provide guidance and advice to Mater people on clinical content, clinical forms design and clinical forms management,
- Manage the repository of clinical forms on the Mater Policies and Procedures Library (MPPL) including the feedback received related to clinical forms,
- Manage all aspects of clinical form copyright/intellectual property to ensure legislative compliance. Manage the process of obtaining permission to use or adapt others’ original material including the use of third-party forms and the use of Mater clinical forms by third parties.
The successful applicant will have:
- Demonstrated skill in clinical form design in various modes (paper-based, interactive, digital forms) including application of design principles is highly desirable,
- Knowledge of relevant Australian Standards, copyright legislation, and health record content,
- Competence using Adobe® InDesign®, Adobe® Acrobat® and associated applications or equivalent design software,
- Competence using Microsoft® Office® (Word, Excel, and Powerpoint) applications together with the ability to quickly acquire skills in computer-based applications relevant to the position, including Verdi, OnBase, Clinical Forms Database, MPPL,
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with all levels of staff with a high level of both verbal and written communication skills,
- Demonstrated ability to effectively engage, influence and motivate stakeholders to achieve required outcomes,
- Demonstrated ability to identify, critically analyse and solve problems to reach satisfactory and effective outcomes.
Why join us?
In return for your skills you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education and Research and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients.
In addition to being part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy, pioneers in the provision of healthcare to Queensland for over 100 years, you will have opportunities to increase your take-home pay with our salary packaging options.
To view the Position Description please click here – Clinical Forms Officer_Role Description_202108.pdf
For further information specific to the role, please contact Karen Baker, Manager Health Records on 07 3163 8449.
Closing date for applications is Sunday 19 September 2021.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend