Senior Digital Infrastructure Specialist Lead
Job no: 493372
Work type: Fixed Term
Location: South Brisbane
Categories: Information Technology
About the role
Mater’s Digital Technology and Information team currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Infrastructure Lead – Monitoring to join them on a 12-month fixed term basis.
Based at our central South Brisbane campus, and known internally as Senior Digital Infrastructure Lead, you will apply your technical expertise in monitoring enterprise infrastructure, systems and applications to ensure the availability and supportability of Mater’s technical environment.
You’ll have a proactive and solutions-focused approach, with prior experience in an operational lead capacity within an enterprise environment. The ideal candidate will have recent experience working with SolarWinds platforms and/or other enterprise level monitoring and alerting systems and will be willing to coach and mentor other team members to uplift the overall technical capability of the team.
What you’ll be doing
No two days will be the same as you lead and drive the technical landscape for Mater’s monitoring and alerting platforms.
The ideal Monitoring Lead will have:
- Experience with developing and maintaining IT Infrastructure Architecture for monitoring and alerting platforms
- Proven experience with capacity management and planning for monitoring and alerting platforms including excellent report preparation skills
- Excellent ability to provide advice regarding technology, architecture, implementation, resourcing, and operational requirements
- Skills and a strong interest in implementing automation with monitoring and alerting technologies to achieve efficiency and improved business application availability.
- Advanced technical leadership skills and expertise in support and management activities to resolve incidents and problems within the monitoring and alerting environment to meet agreed service levels and system availability
- A great understanding of financial analysis of technical solutions and vendor contracts and subsequently providing recommendations to leaders within DTI
- Experience leading and coordinating the installation of system patches and software upgrades
- A focus on continuous improvement with proven ability to train and mentor other team members.
To be successful in this role you’ll have at least 5 years’ experience configuring and supporting monitoring and alerting platforms in a complex technical environment. You will also have a demonstrated ability to manage diverse activities and priorities across organisational boundaries to ensure that service delivery meets agreed service levels, ideally within the health industry.
Most importantly, you are proactive and passionate about technically leading our monitoring and alerting function, owning and driving the architecture plus championing change and adoption.
Why join us?
In return for your skills you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education and Research and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients.
Mater provides benefits not offered in other workplaces. In addition to being part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy, pioneers in the provision of healthcare to Queensland for over 100 years, you will have opportunities to increase your take-home pay with our salary packaging options.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend